How to use tags, in OE

I want to use the spamcop option of taging my spam email and then retrieving it all into my Outlook Express, and using filters to put it into a SpamBox for review. After an hour looking around I don't see any help on how to do this. Please tell me how to set up OE to work with the tag option.

In Webmail: https://webmail.spamcop.net/horde/imp/spamcop/blacklists.php or http://webmail.spamcop.net/horde/imp/spamcop/blacklists.php, check the "Tag Only" Checkbox, and Submit.

In OE: Once you get tagged spam, copy the tagging portion of the subject, then go to "Tools / Message Rules / Mail / New", check the "Where the Subject line contains specific words" Checkbox, configure the other conditions, and save your changes.

When I set spamcop to TAG ONLY, I recieved email in OE that had no tag added to the subject line. There were various lines added to the header, but nothing on the subject line, that's what prompted me to ask this question.

Sorry, I've never actually tried "Tag Only". I thought it would tag the subject. I know OE doesn't appear capable of filtering non-standard header lines.

When I set spamcop to TAG ONLY, I recieved email in OE that had no tag added to the subject line.  There were various lines added to the header, but nothing on the subject line, that's what prompted me to ask this question.

That is what the tag only option does:

This option allows you to only tag spam in the "headers" of the email. No mail will be blocked, but you can use your email client or server to filter the email yourself.

This option allows you to only tag spam in the "headers" of the email. No mail will be blocked, but you can use your email client or server to filter the email yourself.

Exactly, which is my original question. How does one use OE to filter the email based on the header lines inserted by spamcop. I know how to filter by from, to, subject, content, but no idea how to sort by the info spamcop puts into the header.

Archived