Unreportable spam?

elind

I think this may be related to some of the other messages here, but I'm not sure.

No blank line delineating headers from body - abort

Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1039863726z7...3133e88bff65bcz

No source IP address found, cannot proceed.

Add/edit your mailhost configuration

Finding full email headers

Submitting spam via email (may work better)

Example: What spam headers should look like

No body provided, check format of submission

I've been getting this from some, but not all reported spam lately. The manual copy paste ones that is; I don't know about the auto submits.

I found that by adding a blank line where I think the headers end it would go through, although then it also says there are headers in the body, but I think it has found the origins by then.

It seems odd to me that a spammer can disable spamcop just with some simple editing of the message. Can anyone explain this?

I would copy the source here but I don't want to publish the addresses. I'm guessing that spamcop can get that from the ID above.

Based on the provided example seen at http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1039863726z7...;action=display .. this is all going to have to start with you describing just what you are using to read, copy, submit your spam and the exact steps you're taking to get this accomplished. In the sample provided, a "single blank line" isn't going to help much ...

In the email, (outlook express) click on PROPERTIES/DETAILS/MESSAGE SOURCE

Then select all, copy and paste into the report spam option in spamcop.

Submiting to Spamcop results in the error message posted, but if I separate the start of the text from what I believe to be the end of the headers with a blank line, and resubmit then spamcop can process the source.

In the email, (outlook express) click on PROPERTIES/DETAILS/MESSAGE SOURCE

Then select all, copy and paste into the report spam option in spamcop.

Submiting to Spamcop results in the error message posted, but if I separate the start of the text from what I believe to be the end of the headers with a blank line, and resubmit then spamcop can process the source.

And does the end look like one long line of text in that view?

With the exception of a wrapping error, the last good headers are:

Received: from imf24aec.mail.bellsouth.net ([205.152.59.72])

by hrndva-mx-02.mgw.rr.com with ESMTP; Wed, 23 Aug 2006 00:08:06 -0400

Archived