aryant Posted August 27, 2006 Share Posted August 27, 2006 I've been with SpamCop a couple of years and recently was blocked from reporting spam because the system was reporting my company's servers. It got complicated because Anteon, my original employer recently was bought out by General Dynamics. My mail now goes to myaddress <at>gdit.com where it is forwarded to myoldaddress<at>anteon.com and then to spamcop. I requested a waiver, which will probably fix that, but I noticed something odd about the test mail response. When I captured test mail using Message Source the first time, the response was that there was an unnecessary line break (see below), I took that out and now get "Host ns-util1.anteon.com (checking ip) IP not found ; ns-util1.anteon.com discarded as fake." (As well as traversing more than one domain) I noticed that the list of IP addresses was also screwy, see the part right after the local test IP, 127.0.0.1 and the two octets just before the last IP. There are 5 odd octets in there, no wonder the robot got confused. I tried replying using IE and Firefox, both came up with the scrambled IP list. As I said, the waiver will probably fix me up but I thought it worthwhile to point out this strange response. I have the URL from the test mail message, I'm going to send it to deputies<at>... but also offer it here to see if anyone has any useful comments. X-SpamCop-Checked: 192.168.1.105 184.108.40.206 192.168.1.101 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124 10.170.1.164 126.96.36.199 10.160.0.203 10.160.0.2 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 127.0.0.1 220.127.116.11.15.82.24 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199 18.120 188.8.131.52 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.