webmail down - 11 Sep 2006

Webmail has been up and down this morning - mostly down.

Between the need to keep logging in and now this, it is becoming clear that SC went to the new system too quickly and without sufficient testing.

I am a paying user and until recently a happy user.

Let's fix this up ASAP.

Here's the message my Safari browser gives me:

Safari can’t connect to the server.

Safari can’t open the page “http://webmail.spamcop.net/” because it could not connect to the server “webmail.spamcop.net”.

This is the second time this has happened, interspersed with one login which lasted a few minutes.

right now, the system is unaccessible to me.

I keep getting timeout errors trying to download my email. Is there a problem with SpamCop? I haven't changed anything since it last worked. I also configured my email client to POP the mail and am unable to POP the email either... This leads me to believe that there is a problem with SpamCop mail servers... Could someone let JT know?

I also am unable to get to the Webmail site. I accessed it early this morning (EDT) but now it's not reachable.

I keep getting timeout errors trying to download my email. Is there a problem with SpamCop? I haven't changed anything since it last worked. I also configured my email client to POP the mail and am unable to POP the email either... This leads me to believe that there is a problem with SpamCop mail servers... Could someone let JT know?

I also am unable to get to the Webmail site. I accessed it early this morning (EDT) but now it's not reachable.

Just if it makes you feel better to know . . . It's been up and down for me all day, too. Webmail loads sometimes, sometimes it doesn't. Periodically Outlook will tell me the server's not responding, then an hour or so later it'll download email (IMAP), then it'll stop working again . . .

Archived