Getting icon labels back

UltraJoe

When the new webmail interface was up, it didn't look right in Internet Explorer 5 for MacOS 9.x; the icons flowed across two lines, laying over top of messages, which didn't make the labels easy to read. So I turned them off.

Now that we're back at the old webmail software, I'd like to have my toolbar icon labels back, but the old webmail interface doesn't have the option of turning them on or off.

Help :excl:

Now that we're back at the old webmail software, I'd like to have my toolbar icon labels back, but the old webmail interface doesn't have the option of turning them on or off.

Probably a dumb question/suggestion .. what happens if you delete the existing cookie, shutdown/restart the browser and login fresh????

If that doesn't work, then you're going to have to hit JT directly, as it's (assumedly) going to be a database bit that needs toggled in your account settings .... based on your "no option" description.

When the new webmail interface was up, it didn't look right in Internet Explorer 5 for MacOS 9.x; the icons flowed across two lines

Sounds like your window width was too narrow. Could you have made it wider, or did the window already extend the full width of your screen?

Not sure what you meant about the "laying over top of messages" so when the webmail gets upgraded again, perhaps you could show us with a screen capture.

And as for changing the setting, Wazoo is probably right...I think that you'll need to get JT to change that manually.

DT

When the new webmail interface was up, it didn't look right in Internet Explorer 5 for MacOS 9.x; the icons flowed across two lines, laying over top of messages, which didn't make the labels easy to read. So I turned them off.

OK, done.

JT

As for the other questions, the window width was the full width of the screen; I'm running at 1024x768, at least until I can save up for a new monitor. (What can I say, I gave my wifey the 17" monitor. :wub: )

Other parts of the equation ....

Font size

I don't even want to try to address IE5 under OS-9's handling of .CSS data, but ....

Archived