[Resolved] Trash problems

sdfisher

For a long time (like a year) I've had subfolders in Trash that I can't delete. When I click one of them in Thunderbird to see the messages inside, I see a message that it doesn't exist or must be subscribed to.

The web mail interface does not show these folders at all. I have thoroughly purged Thunderbird's cache, including installing on a new system, but the folders are still there. The folders also have names that did exist at one point, just they shouldn't any more.

This is a mild irritant, but it has gone on so long it has become a major one. Can anyone help?

For a long time (like a year) I've had subfolders in Trash that I can't delete.

Have you tried managing these from within the webmail interface - not Thunderbird?

I seem to recall a similar problem awhile back. I went in through the webmail interface and was able to remove the errant folder by that means.

Andrew

Have you tried managing these from within the webmail interface - not Thunderbird?

I seem to recall a similar problem awhile back. I went in through the webmail interface and was able to remove the errant folder by that means.

Andrew

The web mail interface does not show these folders at all.

Have you tried by using the Folders icon and drilling down to locate the folder?

Unfortunately, the folder navigator doesn't show any subfolders of Trash.

I tried deleting the Trash folder itself via the web interface, but apparently that's a no no.

Edit: You know, I think this might be a problem related to subscriptions. Is there a way to clear all subscriptions that is completely independent of guis, namespaces, prefixes, etc, etc?

Found it. I was subscribed to folders that didn't exist. The fix was to remove prefixes, namespaces, etc from Thunderbird and then unsubscribe from everything.

<snip>

Found it. I was subscribed to folders that didn't exist. The fix was to remove prefixes, namespaces, etc from Thunderbird and then unsubscribe from everything.

...Thanks for taking the time to return to let us know that the problem has been resolved. Good sleuthing! :) <g>

Archived