Another Fed up Wanadoo/Orange ISP user thats been blocked

factoria

I've been having the same orange email problems and found a solution that should work for people with their own web hosting account.

In outlook or whatever, change the outgoing mail server to your own (mine is mail.pearlware.com) and set the outgoing port to 587 instead of 25. With a bit of look your hosting server will pick this up and it should work. You may need to allow access to port 587 in your firewall config and maybe you need to talk to your hosting people to get 587 enabled but chances are it is already active.

Hope this helps someone.

By the way if you get spam from something like xfnbrl[at]pearlware.com, its not me, honest, somebody is sending loads of emails like this so I suppose it is only a matter of time before I get blacklisted, then I am back to square one.

...if you get spam from something like xfnbrl[at]pearlware.com, its not me, honest, somebody is sending loads of emails like this so I suppose it is only a matter of time before I get blacklisted, then I am back to square one.

Only if they use your mail server to send the spam. Blocklists typically work on the sending IP address rather than the often forged Email address :)

Andrew

• 1 year later...

Hi Samcop,

I have been having problems with using Orange as my outgoing email server (as it is my ISP) though I use different email than Orange. I just followed your instructions and changed the outgoing server, and changed the port no. to 587, and it worked straight away. Thank you so much - it is amazing to get such good help from people completely free.

Once again, thanks so much. I can't believe it was so simple.

<snip>

...Once again, thanks so much. I can't believe it was so simple.

...Thank you for taking time to post the good news! :) <g>

...Hopefully user samcop will return here to see this but it appears she/he only posted once and so may not be returning here very much, if at all.

Archived