A Nightmare in the trash!!

Hallo. I've 342548 emails in the trash: I can't delete them or delete new messages and I can't empty the trash form the menu or from the folder options menu. Every time it's a session timeout or a memory error.

A timeout often occours trying to log on too.

I tried to solve using an external webmail service: to log on is quick, but trying to empty trash is the same.

Since a week ago, I asked for help a couple of times, but I'm still waiting for it... Please, could you help me?

SpamCop FAQ links at the top of this very page

jump to the Email account section

scroll down to the section, note the last entry I've listed;

How I use my SpamCop E-Mail account examples

Blocking and Blackhole lists available

How To Stop Filtering With The SCBL, for SpamCop Email System Customers

FAQ about the Personal Blacklist and Whitelist

FAQ about POP'ing out of SpamCop

Email System "POP Configuration" Setup

FAQ about WebMail

FAQ about Webmail: Deleting and Moving Messages

WebMail Login problems & General Slowness, First things to check

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Did you look at this yet?

Did you possubly follow the link to the Topic/Discussion that this data was extracted from?

If the answer is yes, please advise as to where the confusion and lack of an answer begins ....

Dear Support.

We selected to delete messages in trash after one day, next we did logouts and logins several times.

Logouts and logins are quickly now, but we can't delete messages using webmail.spamcop.net:

[CLOSED] IMAP connection broken (server response)

[ALERT] Fatal error: Cannot allocate memory

Finally, trying to access to trash we get that INBOX.Trash is an invalid (or a bad) mailbox name. :(

Best Regards.

SpamCop FAQ links at the top of this very page

jump to the Email account section

scroll down to the section, note the last entry I've listed;

How I use my SpamCop E-Mail account examples

Blocking and Blackhole lists available

How To Stop Filtering With The SCBL, for SpamCop Email System Customers

FAQ about the Personal Blacklist and Whitelist

FAQ about POP'ing out of SpamCop

Email System "POP Configuration" Setup

FAQ about WebMail

FAQ about Webmail: Deleting and Moving Messages

WebMail Login problems & General Slowness, First things to check

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Did you look at this yet?

Did you possubly follow the link to the Topic/Discussion that this data was extracted from?

If the answer is yes, please advise as to where the confusion and lack of an answer begins ....

You could try changing the setting for maintaining the TRASH folder.

In Options, Maintenance set the delete messages in trash older than, say, 1 day.

See if that helps. The first time you log-in could be very slow but thereafter it should keep the trash to a minimum.

Andrew

Dear Support.

???? This is a User to User Support Forum

The primary mode of support here is peer-to-peer, meaning users helping other users. (please remember this at all times!)

Another try:

This forum is composed of people who have used spamcop and those who are learning about anti-spam efforts.

We selected to delete messages in trash after one day, next we did logouts and logins several times.

Logouts and logins are quickly now, but we can't delete messages using webmail.spamcop.net:

[CLOSED] IMAP connection broken (server response)

[ALERT] Fatal error: Cannot allocate memory

Finally, trying to access to trash we get that INBOX.Trash is an invalid (or a bad) mailbox name.

??? you quoted my entire last post, but said not a word in response. Those referenced links also included the actual methods needed to actually contact the only person with access to the e-mail servers.

agsteele offered up a variation of the data found in the links I described ....?????

We're sorry if we wrote "Dear support", but we read "Forum Admin", so we believed it was from a kind of support. Next, we just did a reply and QUOTE was already there: right now we understand that quoted was to manually delete, even if there is a QUOTE button beside the REPLY we selected ...we understood that if there is a QUOTE and a REPLY and in the REPLY there is a QUOTE it could be that the QUOTE would have to be leaved. Differently it works just as a flag: "+QUOTE" and "-QUOTE": it 's not clear, but it's really useful.

Last, we did everything (agsteele nice suggestion comes even if we wrote: "we selected to delete messages in trash after one day, next we did logouts and logins several times"): we probabily do it better in Italian...

We're finally sorry if we discuss about our problem there, bu tit's a week that webmail is unservable and

because since 1986 we never spent a week on a problem: a nice vi on trash file or to delete and touch it?

Now we ask to service[at]cesmail.net: spamcop.net support said us that's email to receive email support. :)

Thank you, Andrew,

we did it (messages are older than one day ago) and we did logout and logon several times. We're afraid that's just a quota problem: trash is really over quota and system can't read it. Sincerely we knew about around 50.000 email in trash: we don't know where do they come other 400.000 messages in that folder.

Regards, Webmood.

We're sorry if we wrote "Dear support", but we read "Forum Admin", so we believed it was form a kind of support.

see Forum FAQ - Section 8 - SpamCop's System & Active Staff User Guide

Next, we just did a reply and QUOTE was already there: right now we understand that QUOTE

These buttons are described in the ForumFAQ - SECTION 6 - Troubleshooting & Quick Links/Shortcuts

Last, we did everything (agsteele nice suggestion comes even if we wrote: "we selected to delete messages in trash after one day, next we did logouts and logins several times"). Probabily we wrote better in Italian.

Because since 1986 we never spent a week on a problem: a nice vi on trash file? Or to delete and touch it?

There is nothing anyone 'here' can do to help you. I can't even send an e-mail up on your behalf, as you didn't register here wih your spamcop.net e-mail address .... Try Not finding the Help you need?

We went to Webmail, we select help and we didn't find any email to ask help. So we selected "Report spam" => "Help" => "SpamCop mail service" => "Where can I get further assistance?" => We don't want to use a Newsgroup, so we selected => "Secondly, the main source for quick help is the SpamCop Email Forum".

If "service[at]cesmail.net" wasn't hidden somewhere, we didn't go on a this forum: as suggested. :angry:

Why to spend 30 USD for a mailbox and 3.000 USD in time due to read all the forum rules? Regards.

<snip>

If "service[at]cesmail.net" wasn't hidden somewhere, we didn't go on a this forum: as suggested. :angry:

Why to spend 30 USD for a mailbox and 3.000 USD in time due to read all the forum rules? Regards.

Italiano:

...Nessun bisogno. Riferisca appena alla prima risposta da Wazoo -- la risposta è di destra là! service[at]cesmail.rete (che presuppongo) è nascosto intenzionalmente, perché quello è il E-mail dell'molto, la persona molto occupata e la maggior parte dei problemi possono essere richiamato da noi, i volontari.

...Traduzione da Worldlingo.

English:

...No need. Just refer to the first reply from Wazoo -- the answer is right there! service[at]cesmail.net is (I assume) hidden intentionally, because that's the e-mail of a very, very busy person and most problems are able to be addressed by us, the volunteers.

...Translation by Worldlingo.

Archived