[Resolved] Spamcop Email formating.

I recently subscribed to the spamcop webmail service because my Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange server was blocked by webtv.net(manual blocking), supanet.com(3 day delay on reply) and aol.com! Now my spamcop emails sail through for which I am most grateful!

I have been used to Outlook express where I can format the text but in the spamcop email composition I could not find a similar Format bar. I could select the text coding ie Windows 1256, ISO 8859-3(Europe) but nothing else. (I see this meessage window does have a format bar above it!)

Is there something very obvious I have missed? I tried copying my formatted Outlook express text and pasting onto the spamcop composition window but the text size reverted to the spamcop size. Sorry if my question is dumb but I did make a search on the forums first!

I recently subscribed to the spamcop webmail service because my Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange server was blocked by webtv.net(manual blocking), supanet.com(3 day delay on reply) and aol.com! Now my spamcop emails sail through for which I am most grateful!

I have been used to Outlook express where I can format the text but in the spamcop email composition I could not find a similar Format bar. I could select the text coding ie Windows 1256, ISO 8859-3(Europe) but nothing else. (I see this meessage window does have a format bar above it!)

Is there something very obvious I have missed? I tried copying my formatted Outlook express text and pasting onto the spamcop composition window but the text size reverted to the spamcop size. Sorry if my question is dumb but I did make a search on the forums first!

The webmail application is a very basic one and I don't think it supports graphical formats (RTF or HTML) which I am happy about (waste of space). You could still use Outlook Express with the Beta SMTP AUTH service spamcop is offering: http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...ost&p=46014 for more information.

Formatted emails? NO THANKS! Just the text m'aam. :-)

But seriously, you shouldn't be trying to format it in the webmail system....you should be using your Outlook to interact with your SC email account, unless you're away from home. You can set up the POP and SMTP to work with your account (IMAP is also another method).

DT

Thanks for the help. I followed the instructions on the beta service and can now send emails from my outlook express via the smtp.cesmail.net. One snag when freeserve/wanadoo/orange server tried to muscle in was solved by Spamcop support who suggested changing from port 25 to 587. So a happy customer of the Spamcop email service!

Archived