spammer using my e-mail

dra007

Please help, what does this really mean?

Received: from (HELO kt4vr) [194.169.95.95] by ptd-24-198-93-231.maine.rr.com with ESMTP id <210674-44444>; Sat, 20 Mar 2004 03:53:41 -0400

Possible forgery. Supposed receiving system not associated with any of your mailhosts

Please ensure that rr.com is not your own service provider.

Will not trust anything beyond this header

Forgery detected, or mailhost configuration incomplete. Please verify source IP identified.

:huh:

I did wait for the confirmation which never came, then went to the website and saw all the e-mail addresses I submitted as requested, in sequence. The odd thing is that this rr.com domain appeared in several spams and were processed before I configured as host.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I don't know if what I want to report is directly connected with the original discussion of this thread, but it looks related.

I just got what is obviously spam with a subject line: '[conjecture-US] Delivery failure.'

This certainly is not a message I sent to anybody and the message body does not look like a typical delivery failure. In fact, the body is obviously spam.

When I tried to report this to spamcop, I get this message:

This message looks like a bounce, will not report.

Do not report bounces as spam!

Nothing to do.

Is there a way of reporting this, or is there a reason why I should not be able to report this?

Thomas

• 3 months later...

I read all the posts and feel very informed and educated about bouncing and open proxies, etc. I know how to possibly prevent someone from using my email in the future, but is there any way to STOP, track, hunt, kill :ph34r: these people who are basically "stealing" my identity?

I want to prosecute, maybe start a class action suit against the ISP.... something!! I hate that I am vulnerable and can do nothing about it but basically change my address. There has GOT to be someone out there that can outsmart and catch these criminals!

:P bayou2929

As the typical end-user working from the house or office, not really. The basic obsticle you'll run into is the "privacy" issue, so without a court order / power of "the badge" .. you'll not usually be able to get the data on the "user" that sent the spew .... it boils down to the time and dollars available to start working stuff through the courts (also involving jurisdiction issues) .... do you have enough of both?

Archived