All clients suddenly appear to be on SpamCop when contacting us.

DanFF

HI,

We have an issue where the majority of our clients are all getting blocked when replying to our emails. They client are from all sorts of backgrounds including government. It seems to have suddenly started in the last few weeks. As it is sudden and common I can only suspect that the issues must lay somewhere in our setup. Is that possible? We have these 5 problems flagged on MX Toolbox that we are in the process of fixing. Could any of these be the issue:

Desperate to solve this as it is affecting our business.

Thanks in advance

Dan

Problems

Category   Result  
Status Warning dmarc   DMARC Quarantine/Reject policy not enabled  
Status Warning mx   DMARC Quarantine/Reject policy not enabled  
Status Warning dns   SOA Serial Number Format is Invalid  
Status Warning dns   SOA Expire Value out of recommended range  
Status Warning smtp   Reverse DNS does not match SMTP Banner  

1 hour ago, DanFF said:

HI,

We have an issue where the majority of our clients are all getting blocked when replying to our emails. They client are from all sorts of backgrounds including government. It seems to have suddenly started in the last few weeks. As it is sudden and common I can only suspect that the issues must lay somewhere in our setup. Is that possible? We have these 5 problems flagged on MX Toolbox that we are in the process of fixing. Could any of these be the issue:

Desperate to solve this as it is affecting our business.

Thanks in advance

Dan

Problems

Category   Result  
Status Warning dmarc   DMARC Quarantine/Reject policy not enabled  
Status Warning mx   DMARC Quarantine/Reject policy not enabled  
Status Warning dns   SOA Serial Number Format is Invalid  
Status Warning dns   SOA Expire Value out of recommended range  
Status Warning smtp   Reverse DNS does not match SMTP Banner  

Without a IP SpamCop members cannot advise?
Is your IP a shared one, which cam mean spammers my be using it as well as you?
This thread may or may not assist you?

Not sure if I explained this correctly but it is our clients getting a spam notification that Their email is on a blacklist - not ours. We have a few messages that have been sent to us that I can send through (Can I do this privately?) with their IP address. IT is just that so many of them are complaining off this that I am suspecting the problem might be with our set up and not theirs. Is that possible?

Ask your clients what blocklist they are listed with?
Pay them to reset their passwords and scan their device?
A lot of people use Mobiles now and really need to invest in a virus/malware detector like BitDefender
This site list a number of blocklists
https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Edited by petzl

On 6/13/2024 at 12:35 PM, DanFF said:

Not sure if I explained this correctly but it is our clients getting a spam notification that Their email is on a blacklist - not ours. We have a few messages that have been sent to us that I can send through (Can I do this privately?) with their IP address. IT is just that so many of them are complaining off this that I am suspecting the problem might be with our set up and not theirs. Is that possible?

Spamcop blocks at the IP level but if you need to keep this info private you could contact your ISP to check reasons for blocking. Spamcop and other blocklists will only block the IP addresses if the spam continues to be reported.