no spam to report

Pats

For a week or so, when I go to the report page, there is no spam to report, although I know there is since I have received the spam email to report. If I click the email, the report works.

I used to delete the spamcop emails in mailwasher and go directly to the spamcop page, so I don't know how long it has been going on.

And when the spam is submitted via mailwasher, it doesn't work anymore. It shows submitted, but I never receive the notification email.

You've left me pretty confused ... you don't get e-mil notifications, but if you click on them, they work ????

You used to delete SpamCop e-mails, but don't now ??? but then you don't get any, so ...???

What are the odds that you may have received some sort of e-mail from a SpamCop.net Admin ... you simply deleted that via MailWasher .... and thusly your reporting account was suspended?

As Miss Betsy suggested, there may be other things involved, but you don't mention any attempts at troubleshooting anything ...

When I receive an email notification and click, it works.

When I go to the site and click report spam, where there used to be (15 days ago) a link to report the spam spamcop had received there is nothing, as if I had reported all the spam, although I know, because I have the spamcop email, that there is a report to make.

In short I have no access from the site to the spam spamcop has filed waiting for my confirmation.

I used not to wait for the emails from spamcop, but confirm them direct from the site.

Better to click 10 times from the link than process 10 emails from the mailbox. (that's why I deleted the emails).

That's the main problem.

The other problem is that the spam submitted by mail washer seems not to reach my spamcop account.If I report it manually it works, I get the spamcop email, but it won't show up on the site as spam waiting to be reported.

Apart from that I can still access my account and preferences, but when I try to view recent reports, it's stuck at the 11th of october.

The other problem is that the spam submitted by mail washer seems not to reach my spamcop account.If I report it manually it works, I get the spamcop email, but it won't show up on the site as spam waiting to be reported.

Apart from that I can still access my account and preferences, but when I try to view recent reports, it's stuck at the 11th of october.

In these part, "maunaully reporting" is defined as "generating one's own reports" ...

The next level of "maual involvement" would be using the cut/paste into the web-form ..

You seem to be meaning that when you specificly/directly e-mail a spam submittal, it works (though this doesn't seem to be confirmed by the later account of Report Hstory) ...

Just based on the above, it would seem to point to an issue with MailWasher. Bsed on your e-mail submittal works, but MailWasher doesn't (caveated by the oddity of the Report History issue)

You did not register here with a SpamCop.net address, so I have no idea what e-mail address you have used as your Registered Reporting Account e-mail address. Therefore, I don't see how I could generate the e-mail needed to Don, such that he could look at your Reporting account data and see what's existing at that end. You need to contact one of the paid staff it appears.

When I receive an email notification and click, it works.

When I go to the site and click report spam, where there used to be (15 days ago) a link to report the spam spamcop had received there is nothing, as if I had reported all the spam, although I know, because I have the spamcop email, that there is a report to make.

In short I have no access from the site to the spam spamcop has filed waiting for my confirmation.

I used not to wait for the emails from spamcop, but confirm them direct from the site.

Better to click 10 times from the link than process 10 emails from the mailbox. (that's why I deleted the emails).

That's the main problem.

Is it possible you are manually submitting spam to a different account (address) than mailwasher is? That you somehow, inadvertantly signed up for a new account, or had your submit address changed because of a problem (and you missed the email because of the auto-delete)?

When I first read the problem, it sounded to me as though he was submitting spam via email, getting the autoresponse from spamcop that it had been submitted. However, when he went to the website to finish the reporting, there was no "Unreported spam' But if he clicked on the link in the autoresponse email, he did go to the website where the spam he reported was waiting.

He seems to confirm that in his subsequent post.

It must have something to do with cookies and how he signs in.

Miss Betsy

It must have something to do with cookies and how he signs in.

It is quite possible, which is why I wanted him to confirm the submit addresses he is using. When I am at work, I always submit to my free account (just to keep them separate) but I am often logged into my paid account. When I click the link received at work, the www.spamcop.net account may show me the name "Steven Underwood (Home)" even though the spam I am reporting was sent to the "Steven Underwood (Work)" account.

I have only the one account. patricia[at]laposte.net

I have just reported 3 spams by submitting them from Outlook(it didn't work from mailwasher, it showed submitted, but I got no spamcop email), I got the spamcop email and was able to report.

Yet the page showed no spam to report in between the 3, and my accont reports is still stuck on the 11th of october.

Logged in or not doesn't make a difference if I click from the spamcop email, and when I log in my account is still frozen on the 11th of october, as if no activity had taken place from that moment.

I wonder where the spam I report from the spamcop email is logged.

I haven't changed anything in my logging habits: go to www.spamcop.net and log in.

Edit: I checked, and the spamcop email was sent to an old account, sorry, you were right.

I don't know why accounts were switched, I will check the settings one more time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have exactly the same problem. And yes, the spamcop forward to addresses are IDENTICAL.

This started a while ago, not sure when.

If I choose to "spamcop" a message from MailWasher, most of the time I do not get a response from spamcopm.

But if I go to my webmail and *forward* same spam email to same spamcop address, I get an answer from Spamcop in a couple of minutes.

IMAP account, by the way.

Any ideas? I suppose this may be a mailwasher issue, but since you folks are discussing it...

Thanks

AND (I have a regular SMTP email, and I use Outlook with that one. And I have a separate SpamCop account for it)

Send from MailWasher, nothing happens. Send from Outlook, all OK.

I have exactly the same problem. And yes, the spamcop forward to addresses are IDENTICAL.

This started a while ago, not sure when.

If I choose to "spamcop" a message from MailWasher, most of the time I do not get a response from spamcopm.

But if I go to my webmail and *forward* same spam email to same spamcop address, I get an answer from Spamcop in a couple of minutes.

IMAP account, by the way.

Any ideas? I suppose this may be a mailwasher issue, but since you folks are discussing it...

Thanks

AND (I have a regular SMTP email, and I use Outlook with that one. And I have a separate SpamCop account for it)

Send from MailWasher, nothing happens. Send from Outlook, all OK.

This is likely caused by your ISP silently dropping either the replys back from spamcop (if they are siting there waiting for you to confirm) or more likely they are dropping the outgoing messages because of the spam content and they are never reaching spamcop. You will likely need to continue to use the spamcop account.

Please see the SPamCop FAQ for particular ISP's known to be doing this and if yours is not on the list, please let us know so we can add your ISP.

I am trying to find the ISP list on SpamCop. No luck so far. I will send them a help request.

Anyway, I do believe you are correct.

Having problems with ahelphia.net mail. No spamcop reporting, but I *do* have success in "deleting" spam off my IMAP account and all other stuff the MailWasher does.

Also, I am doing the same thing at my secondary office. ISP is (yahoo) sbcglobal.net. Same MailWasher (5.3) different SpamCop account., No problems there.

I will update this as soon as I either find the SpamCop FAQ ISP list or I get a response from them.

Thanks

I am trying to find the ISP list on SpamCop. No luck so far. I will send them a help request.

Telarin provided the link, but didn't point out that the SpamCop FAQ in question is the version found 'here' ... links at the top of this page ...

As suggested in the linked FAQ entry, the 'real test would be to do a CC: on one of those test e-mails .. you need to show that it does arrive to one place and not the other ... or, as you are suggesting in your last post, it goes absolutly nowhere.

Your original description sure made it sound like a MailWasher problem ....

Dang!

It *IS* adelphia.net

Their spam filter has the following properties:

- not customizable. All email accounts go thru spam filter. No opt in, or opt out, or settings.

Any/all emails that adelphia "thinks" are spam get dropped with no notification.

No junk folder either. Just go to the bit bucket.

Here's quote from Adelphia FAQ:

5. Does Adelphia read my email when checking for spam?

No. Adelphia uses a spam filter to automatically reject or drop spam before the message is accepted on the email network. The software automatically evaluates email against our filtering lists to determine if the email is spam.

< Top

6. Is Adelphia deleting my email?

Adelphia only rejects or drops emails detected by the spam filter, to prevent them from being accepted on the email network.

< Top

7. What happens if the spam Filter rejects or drops an email I want to read?

If possible, ask a third party to send you a copy of the email - saved as an RFC-822 MIME attachment - then send it to good_mail[at]adelphia.net. Adelphia will compare this email to its filter lists and make appropriate adjustments

It's not just incoming email. "They" were thorough.

It's both ways.

I'm waiting for response from Adelphia support, but I am *positive* about both ways.

I tried every combination for forwarding I can think of, and *nothing* gets thru.

Well, I was able to forward one single spam (both from Outlook and from MailWasher) that was pretty lame as far as spam goes. It did make it to all my accounts (4 email accounts with different ISPs).

Unfortunately, I "think" I need to use Adelphia's email servers to send and forward email. Can't get DSL, I'm too far from office.

Oh well...

P.S. I can "see" forwarding and deletion request and notifications in the trace, all looks good, just as the trace I have from my other system which talks to Yahoo/SBC.

Archived