[Resolved] Server change-over

Wazoo

If you can read this, the assumption is that you're one of the Moderating staff .... Moderator edit - see following posts

I "think" JT is on-site ..... based on that, I'm changing some configuration files on the zeta server ...

Basically, the request here is to make no posts, PMs, etc ... so as to leave the database in 'static' mode while the transition occurs .... users should just see a page that says the Forum is off-line ...

Server change-over did not occur ... databases all brought up to date, moved over .. configuration files all modified, bit the assumption I'm making for now is that by the time I'd done all this, JT had already headed home ....

In preparation for the next attempt, config files are in place, just needing a copy/move command applied on the new server. There are only databases that need to be captured/transferred (Wiki & Dictinary) and I've got that 'effort' written up in a couple of cut/paste files here, so shouldn't take but a minute or two to handle that part of it ....

So brought the applications back on-line, as they were for now ....

JT has advised that he's going to be in the datacenter somewhere around 1900-2000 GMT -5 tomorrow.

Unfortunately, this time block falls within a timespan that has me doing one of my health-care stints for some other folks. On one hand, I believe I have things pretty much ready to go, such that only a few files need to be touched. I'd sent e-mail describing those needed actions. However, I'd also sent a dozen other e-mails <g> He did reply to one of those e-mails, offerng up the timeframe, but also admitted that he had not read the other e-mails .... He's busy, I tend to be verbose ...

Bottom line, I hope to be able to sneak home for a bit somewhere in that timeblock so as to be on-line with the right tools available when he's on-site doing the things needed there .....

So, heads-up folks .... tomorrow evening may be touch and go for a while ....

As I type this, JT to be on-site 'shortly'. Change will be happening soon thereafter ....

I actually took Forum/Wiki off-line, thinking he was already there ... tuened them back on ... awaiting his actual arrival ... so if you have to post "now" ... do it quick! <g>

Archived