Thank you Gandi-Sarl

bobbear

Just a thank you to Gandi-Sarl as one registrar with a sense of social responsibility.....

Good afternoon

Thank you for this report.

We have deactivated the domain name united-nord.biz.

Have a nice holiday season!

Best regards,

GANDI - www.gandi.net

Norden United are just one of the many made-up name money fraudsters, (aka 'Impex Consult'), that usually register with 'the criminal's friend', (Joker), but for some reason they registered one of their sites with Gandi-Sarl for a change. I guess they won't be doing that too often....

Merry Christmas one and all.... ho ho ho.... :D

(I see the season of peace and goodwill to all men didn't last very long.... :rolleyes: )

• 3 weeks later...
Just a thank you to Gandi-Sarl as one registrar with a sense of social responsibility.....

Actually, I thank YOU BobBear for reporting the spam! :)

Gandi takes domain abuse seriously, as you can see in my latest post on the topic:

http://www.gandibar.net/post/2007/01/11/Ga...st-domain-abuse

Please feel free to post a comment in the blog in support of the anti-spam movement, we need all the allies we can get!!

Imagine a spam-free world!

Thank you for spotting my comment & replying to it - it's always reassuring when open forum comments reach a wider audience.

I'm always happy to give credit where it's due. Indeed, I think every encouragement should be given to responsible registrars such as Gandi Sarl and Onlinenic & others who have proved to me that they are more than willing to act against their criminal clients. I only hope that such willingness to act doesn't prove to be too onerous for them or prejudice their bottom line too much by their unwillingness to live off criminal income.

I'm also happy to throw brickbats in the general direction of registrars such as Joker & Enom to mention but two registrars who are more than happy to live off criminal income by their inaction in the face of absolutely undeniable criminal activity by their clients, and I'm not 'just' talking about spammers here.

• 1 month later...
I'm always happy to give credit where it's due.
...and when it's not. I wondered if their good intentions would last and it seems not. Gandi now seem to be another registrar ignoring abuse reports, e.g. radiddrp.org - money laundering criminal, site thief and zombie botnet spammer, first reported on the 8th. - no report acknowledgement and no action so far.

...and when it's not. I wondered if their good intentions would last and it seems not. Gandi now seem to be another registrar ignoring abuse reports, e.g. radiddrp.org - money laundering criminal, site thief and zombie botnet spammer, first reported on the 8th. - no report acknowledgement and no action so far.

Worked for me?

Hello,

Thank you for bringing the domain name strawberyaudk.org to our attention.

It has been suspended for abuse.

Best regards,

GANDI - www.gandi.net 

-------------------------------------- 
Sponsoring Registrar:Gandi SAS (R42-LROR)

Dear Registrar

This is a request for you to remove the domain strawberyaudk.org
and to remove its name server Address record ns5.strawberyaudk.org,
ns4.strawberyaudk.org, ns3.strawberyaudk.org, ns2.strawberyaudk.org and
ns1.strawberyaudk.org

From this link, you can see that it is used as a spammed site's name server:
| 
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/traversal.ch?domain=fastdeliverypills.com&type=a

From this link, you can see that your company is the name server's registrar
| http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=strawberyaudk.org&email=on

To effectively remove the name server, please set the status of domain
strawberyaudk.org to
	clientTransferProhibited
	clientUpdateProhibited
	clientDeleteProhibited
	clientHold

Then, set the name server Address record for ns5.strawberyaudk.org,
ns4.strawberyaudk.org, ns3.strawberyaudk.org, ns2.strawberyaudk.org and
ns1.strawberyaudk.org
to a nonroutable address such as 0.0.0.0 or 61.61.61.61

You can test that this has been successful, by using the above traversal
link.

Thank you for your efforts to reduce spam and to keep criminals from abusing
your terms of service. 

This said the spammer is now using a registrar

TODAYNIC.COM, INC

I think the problem is that they have a very small abuse team. I'm sure their intentions are still good, but I think that they do get snowed under from time to time. My abuse report was responded to eventually, but only after a second report, but in the past they have shut sites down much quicker. Perhaps just a blip.

I did eventually get this reply:

Hello Bob,

I am writing to you to confirm the suspension of radiddrp.org.

Thank you for your clear and detailed complaint. That has helped speed up the process enormously.

If you would like to bring this scam to the knowledge of the general public, why not add it as a "recent spam" at http://spamtrackers.eu/forum...

I appreciate your kind words in your blog concerning Gandi's reactivity! :) Of course it helps when there are informative complaints like yours...

Best regards,

There's a new forum there which might be of interest.

Archived