Change Name of "How To" Forum?

turetzsr

...From SpamCop Forum thread "Dealing with 'undeliverable mail returns'." linear posts #3 and #4:

<snip>I naively used the incorrect forum because I thought I wanted to find out 'How to' deal with the problem. My fault for not digesting the terms of use of the 'How to use..' forum.

<snip>

Thank you for this reply in particular. This is the type of information (why you chose a specific forum, etc.) we keep trying to collect to improve these forums.
...The current description of the general "How to use ..." Forum is:
System parts & Functions not fully explained under an existing Help menu / option
...Options for improvement (please add others you can think of):
  • Change name of "How to ..." to "Instructions for using"
  • Change description to something like "System parts & Functions not fully explained under an existing Help menu / option -- NOT for 'how to' questions, please post those in the appropriate forum on the main index (http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?act=idx)"

...From SpamCop Forum thread "Dealing with 'undeliverable mail returns'." linear posts #3 and #4:Thank you for this reply in particular. This is the type of information (why you chose a specific forum, etc.) we keep trying to collect to improve these forums....The current description of the general "How to use ..." Forum is:...Options for improvement (please add others you can think of):

• Change name of "How to ..." to "Instructions for using"
  • Change description to something like "System parts & Functions not fully explained under an existing Help menu / option -- NOT for 'how to' questions, please post those in the appropriate forum on the main index (http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?act=idx)"

Glad you had time to think about it? I like "Instructions for USING.."

How about the next part reading: "spamcop systems and functions - compiled by other users. How to do anything else should be posted in appropriate forum on main index."

Miss Betsy

first shot made ....????

<snip>

...Better but my guess is that people will still see the "How to" and say to themselves, "ah, here is where I should post a question about how to do something ...." I'd suggest eliminating the "How to" altogether or, at least, not having those as the first two words.... :) <g>

Archived