[Resolved] Spamcop Feedback Loop

charliecemr

Hi There,

I work for a fairly large email marketing company that send opt-in emails only.

We have an arrangement with spamcop so that if they get any mail reported as spam originating from our IP addresses they send us a spam complaint email to our support address so that we can unsubscribe the user and take action so they do not receive emails from us again.

This was setup a long time ago and we are aware of the process of adding new IP's to our existing arrangement however we are just about to setup a new server farm in a different geographical location. What is the process now in registering a contact name and email address and new IP details with spam cop so that we get made aware if anyone reports our mail as spam?

Thanks

... We have an arrangement with spamcop so that if they get any mail reported as spam originating from our IP addresses they send us a spam complaint email to our support address so that we can unsubscribe the user and take action so they do not receive emails from us again.

... What is the process now in registering a contact name and email address and new IP details with spam cop so that we get made aware if anyone reports our mail as spam? ...

Well, that sounds like listwashing, the way you put it**. I'm reasonably sure SC doesn't play that game :D however you can certainly be advised of any reports against your netspace - see How can I get SpamCop reports about my network? which seems to take you to the right place. Anything else, contact deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net

[** well, okay, if you weren't just a confirmation service - the term Opt-in got hardwired in my brain to OptInRealBig some time ago - sorry]

Archived