[Resolved] Can't Login to Reporting System

csouter

Hi

The subject says it all. I have been unable to report spam for approximately the last 90 minutes.

I was actually logged in to the reporting system and when I attempted to parse a message I had received in my Gmail "spam" folder, after a rather long wait for a response, I got this error message:

"An error has occurred while processing your request."

Below this line of text there was something that looked like a long hexadecimal code, which, unfortunately, I didn't think to record; therefore it is not reproduced here.

I then closed my browser, rebooted to clear all cookies and then attempted to login again. I got the same error message.

I can login to SpamCop WebMail OK, but the same error occurs when I click on the "Report spam" button in the WebMail interface. The browser popup dialog requesting my username/password combination fails to appear, and instead I get the same error message. (Maybe the hexadecimal code is different, I'm not sure).

I have now got a copy of the hexadecimal code, so I'm re-editing this post to include it:

Reference #97.4a3cecb.1170887710.63dc9f5

Also, I can't even get to the SpamCop Home Page at http://www.spamcop.net either. The same error message occurs. Here is the hexadecimal code accompanying that error message:

Reference #97.2a3cecb.1170887984.16d6b6c0

Anyway, does anyone know if the reporting system is having any problems at the moment?

"An error has occurred while processing your request."

Your ISP or you are having connection problem (Above is what your Gmail tells you when it loses connection)

All working for me

Don't know if you are still having problems but I just logged into mailsc, members, and www.spamcop.net with 2 accounts I have without issue.

Hi, Steven

Thanks for the replies. Sorry, I had to go out for a couple of hours.

I'm back now and all seems OK.

BTW, the error message appeared when I was trying to login to the SpamCop reporting system. It had nothing to do with Gmail. Also, when I mentioned "WebMail" in my OP, I meant the SpamCop WebMail system. Once you are logged into your SpamCop WebMail account, there is a toolbar button marked "Report spam." If you click on that, a browser popup dialog appears, requesting your username/password combination for the SpamCop reporting system.

I was getting the error regardless of how I tried to login to SpamCop reporting, directly from the reporting system login page at http://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=loginform;returnurl=%2F or from the SpamCop WebMail interface, by clicking on the "Report spam" toolbar button. I was also getting the error message when I tried to access the SpamCop home page as http://www.spamcop.net/

Anyway, it's all OK again now. Thanks for the help.

<snip>

BTW, the error message appeared when I was trying to login [emphasis added by Steve T] to the SpamCop reporting system.

<snip>

...ITYM "log in." "Login" is a noun. :) <g>
Anyway, it's all OK again now. Thanks for the help.
...Thanks for letting us know the good news. I am marking this Forum thread as "Resolved."

...ITYM "log in." "Login" is a noun. :) <g>

I thought so, too, but I've never really been sure how to treat it. Should I say "log in to <whatever>" or "log into <whatever>"? They both look a bit strange to me.

...ITYM "log in." "Login" is a noun. :) <g>...Thanks for letting us know the good news. I am marking this Forum thread as "Resolved."

I get

"An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.ed2686cb.1171059123.17d3cd2 "

While trying to log into email reporting VER

http://mailsc.spamcop.net/reportheld?action=heldlog

Now its working?

I get

"An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.ed2686cb.1171059123.17d3cd2 "

While trying to log into email reporting VER

http://mailsc.spamcop.net/reportheld?action=heldlog

Now its working?

It's working for me at this exact moment. It's been working OK for me continuously since I posted that it had come good again.

BTW, it's not the first time that I have seen this error; the last time was a few months back, but I didn't report it at the time. I just thought that the reporting system had gone down for maintenance. At that time, the error persisted for several hours.

Anyway, as I said before, all is OK now.

It's working for me at this exact moment. It's been working OK for me continuously since I posted that it had come good again.

BTW, it's not the first time that I have seen this error; the last time was a few months back, but I didn't report it at the time. I just thought that the reporting system had gone down for maintenance. At that time, the error persisted for several hours.

Anyway, as I said before, all is OK now.

You may also notice an outage earlier today as seen in the graphic in the top right corner of this screen.

You may also notice an outage earlier today as seen in the graphic in the top right corner of this screen.

I haven't been logged in continuously.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand you're somewhere in the US, right? I'm in Sydney, Australia, where we are currently on Summer Time, which is about 14 to 19 hours ahead of the US, IIRC. Lately, I've been shutting the computer down at night (Sydney Summer Time, UTC+1100). This is due to the fact that I can't get my SeaMonkey Junk Filter working properly at the moment, and I'm having to report everything manually, so, I'm shutting down at night, starting up in the morning, then collecting and reporting all the junk that has arrived during the night. Previously, my SeaMonkey Junk Filter was forwarding all the junk to SpamCop and KnujOn automatically, but now it isn't doing the "Forward to" part, only the "Mark as Junk" part.

The end result of this is that I probably missed the outage to which you are referring.

Archived