Can mail be left on SpamCop server?

I am evaluating SpamCop. I need a service which I can use with my Palm Treo. However, because I don't want to or can't open certain attachments with my Treo, I need to leave these messages on the server to view later on my desktop computer. Is this possible with SpamCop?

I am evaluating SpamCop. I need a service which I can use with my Palm Treo. However, because I don't want to or can't open certain attachments with my Treo, I need to leave these messages on the server to view later on my desktop computer. Is this possible with SpamCop?

AFAIK the answer is yes

You have 14 days to decide if

The only email address you will ever need

Is your cup of tea. Your money cheerfully refunded if not

You can though ask here (Tell us your reply)

http://mail.spamcop.net/contact.php

The answer is both yes and no.

It depends on how you want to retrieve your mail.

If you have SpamCop forward the mail, then you can not leave a copy on the SpamCop server.

If you POP your mail, then simply be sure your settings are to leave a copy on the server.

There is currently no time limit to how long you can keep mail on the SpamCop Server.

There is also no currently enforced size limit either, but don't try to save 100 gigs worth of mail, somewhere along the line you will find that a limit will get imposed.

You may also want to look at the following Wiki page: http://forum.spamcop.net/scwik/CategorySpamCopMailService

Thank-you both for your replies. I will check it out. And I do not intend to leave any email on the system. That is another reason I want to be able to download to my desktop- so I can archive messages on my harddrive.

FWIW: Over a couple of weeks I have tried several server-side programs, and each was lacking in some way. Hopefully SamCop will end the search.

Archived