SpamCop Outlook Addin

01byte

Pretty odd .... toss up some reference to some software found elsewhere, but never get around to providing a link .... on the other hand, made dang sure that yet another URL was provided via a "signature" ....

As this has all the appearances of a drive-by URL stuffing attempt for some search-engine scoring, Admin action has occurred ... Signature removed, user accont flagged for some 'special' attention ....

Pretty odd .... toss up some reference to some software found elsewhere, but never get around to providing a link .... on the other hand, made dang sure that yet another URL was provided via a "signature" ....

As this has all the appearances of a drive-by URL stuffing attempt for some search-engine scoring, Admin action has occurred ... Signature removed, user accont flagged for some 'special' attention ....

spamcopaddin

http://sourceforge.net/projects/spamcopaddin/

not sure what it's about seems to be freeware Virus scan any program first and be aware of potentail Malware?

I do use Outlook most certainly not used this program

If it helps report spam I have no problem with it

One may try at own risk

SpamCop lists some other spam reporting "add-ons" for Outlook which are known to be safe.

None of which have anything to do with SpamCop

http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/122.html

Yeah, I looked it up also .... Doesn't appear that anything has been done in a long while, Registered back in 2004 .... been a lot of changes since then ....

The Signature URL related to "Software Reviews" .... was totally not impressed by the offered "review" provided in the initial post. As noted, not even a link provided. There is other data that made my decision easy, but .... no sense in yet more public flogging ...

• 5 months later...

Yeah, I looked it up also .... Doesn't appear that anything has been done in a long while, Registered back in 2004 .... been a lot of changes since then ....

The Signature URL related to "Software Reviews" .... was totally not impressed by the offered "review" provided in the initial post. As noted, not even a link provided. There is other data that made my decision easy, but .... no sense in yet more public flogging ...

Just tried it, clicking the toolbar button results in:

"Error reading mail item: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

Outlook 2000, Corporate mode, Mapi + Scalix.

• 1 month later...

Archived