Filter Rule problem with other character sets

qr9N4u

I've set up a filter rule to try and discard stock spam from my Inbox on Webmail login.

The rule is set up to check for "body contains Stock: and body contains Price:".

The rule won't trigger and I suspect that it's because of the character set of the email message.

Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="windows-1252"; reply-type=original

I've found this problem with the following character sets:

windows-1250

windows-1252

iso-8859-2

Does anyone have information about this problem?

Thanks.

Have you tried moving this filter to the top of the list to check if some other filter is causing the search to stop before getting to this one?

One other thought would be to change the filter to "or" instead of "and" as long as it does not result into false positives for you.

Also have you checked the status of "Stop checking if this rule matches? " on all of your filters?

I moved the filter to the top, no luck. I changed it from all (and) to any (or), no luck. None of my filter rules have the "Stop checking..." checkbox checked.

The rule is not finding the words in the body of the email if the character set is windows-1252 (and others).

My filter rules work fine with other emails.

I believe the filter "engine" is not properly decoding the character sets I listed before running the check.

Can someone verify this?

Thanks.

Thanks your ideas. Perhaps Spamcop support will look into it.

To get that type of help, you need to send an email to support[at]spamcop.net, the administrator of the email system, with all of the necessary information. This is a user to user support group.

However, since webmail is a packaged product (Horde IMP), I suggest you look there to help JT out on the solution. This also may be fixed in some of the newer releases. JT has attempted upgrades a couple times in the last couple years, without overwhelming success.

Archived