Some of ny e-mail is being rejcted by somebody

DC108

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

The problem I am about to pose to you has been troubling me for months now. I am at my whits end and I am resorting to posting a reward if someone can solve my problem. Here goes: Please read the whole post before you reply

My email is listed as spam, not on spam cop but for some time now my business client's servers have been bouncing my email back to me and the number of clients that cannot receive my email is increasing!

I have several email accounts and websites from different ISPs but none of my web sites IPs are coming up on any black lists. I have discovered that when I send mail from my blackberry it does not get bounced back to me but when I send from my desktop via Outlook it does. My two main email accounts, both running off separate ISPs are coming up as spam when I send them from my office machine.

This makes me think that my desktop IP is blacklisted but when I run a search on it nothing comes up. The only unusual thing is when I search at spam cop, this is the message I receive: IP xxx-xxx-x-xx "is not a routeable IP address" I have also checked my business servers IP on spamcop, whois.ic and others but nothing comes up as blacklisted.

I am not a super tech savvy guy. I know my way around a computer more than most but certainly I am no network administrator. I am very frustrated and need to find a solution so if you have an answer please try to explain it in layman's terms and I would really appreciate it!

Whoever can fix this will get a $50 wire via Paypal (I am totally dead serious) to your requested email address. Good luck, Godspeed and THANK YOU!!!!

You can keep your money, most of us are here to help with no expectation of monetary compensation.

Please provide the text of one or more of the bounces, specifically the IP address, if listed is most important.

Unless there is a major configuration problem somewhere, it will not be your personal IP address (private network). It could be your public address (other side of a router, for instance) or more likely your ISP's mail server.

As an alternative to a bounce, send an email with "SpamCop Forum test" in the subject to the address in my sig from an account (or more) that are bouncing regularly, and I will see what I can pull up.

The problem I am about to pose to you has been troubling me for months now. I am at my whits end and I am resorting to posting a reward if someone can solve my problem. Here goes: Please read the whole post before you reply

I did read this several times and still haven't found a specific reference to a SpamCopDNSBL listing.

I did read this several times and never did discover any usable data to do any research on your issue.

If your next post does not contain data that shows a rejection message that includes something to do with the SpamCopDNSBL, then this will defintiely be moved to the Lounge area.

My email is listed as spam, not on spam cop but for some time now my business client's servers have been bouncing my email back to me and the number of clients that cannot receive my email is increasing!

The headers of at leats one of these would certainly give 'us' something to work with .. the body of the rejection would usually contain some data as to why these were rejected ... but you didn't volunteer any of that data.

I have several email accounts and websites from different ISPs but none of my web sites IPs are coming up on any black lists. I have discovered that when I send mail from my blackberry it does not get bounced back to me but when I send from my desktop via Outlook it does. My two main email accounts, both running off separate ISPs are coming up as spam when I send them from my office machine.

Again, no defintion provided. Are your web-sites also acting as e-mail servers? If not, then you would be using an e-mail server provided by the ISP/Host, which would not notmally be assoviated with the IP address of youe web-site. Use of your blackberry would presumedly be ising your cell-phone carrier's e-mail server, but again, you didn't define. You say "two different ISPs involved wth your desktop, but .... no one here can guess at how you actually have your Outlook tool configured .. i.e., are you using identities, rules, instances, etc.?

That you registered here with a mac.com address is also throwing in some more confusion .... are you really using Outlook on a Mac?

This makes me think that my desktop IP is blacklisted but when I run a search on it nothing comes up. The only unusual thing is when I search at spam cop, this is the message I receive: IP xxx-xxx-x-xx "is not a routeable IP address"

As Steven states, that would seem to indicate that you have a LAN set up and you're tryng to use an internal metwork IP address to do your searching .... whereas in reality, you'd want to be looking up the IP address of the ISP's e-mail server that actually sent the rejected e-mail.

I have also checked my business servers IP on spamcop, whois.ic and others but nothing comes up as blacklisted.

As above, the odds that your hosted web-servers are also acting as your e-mail servers is fairly remote .... based on that you'd be paying extra for that finction, and would have had to set them up to do all that extra stuff ... which you seem to indicate you've not had to get involved with this kind of stuff ...further remarks that you have these web-sites in a different sentence than your "two different ISPs in your Outlook" that are the items that are being rejected also seems to state that none of this has much to do with your web-sites .... but again, wih the lack of specific data provided, especially to define the "several e-mail accounts" that are defned in yet another sentence section ....????

How about picking one of those problematic ISP/hosted accounts, offer up the actual details of that ISP, provide one of the rejection notices (headers and body section with the rejection data) and see where that ends up taking the research ...??? The catch is that in this scenario, "we" are at the mercy of the rejecting ISP and their configuration of the rejection process .... what would be nice to see is the headers data of your actual 'sent' e-mail so that the correct IP address of that sending server can be identified for research .... the reason for the rejection should include what the decision process was based on, a BL, a country filter, something ....

I m going to change the title of your Topic .... as described in the Forum FAQ .... what is wanted here is a Subject line that describes the issue .... which "REWARD IF SOLVED" does not do at all .....

Archived