"Retract" report for resolved issue?

sp908

Hi guys,

after filing a spam report, the ISP has contacted me by email through SpamCop and the issue is resolved. He asks me to contact SpamCop and tell them that he did resolve it, which I'll happily do.

How do I do this? I read the Help and FAQ but couldn't find any info on this.

Thanks in advance,

Stephan

...after filing a spam report, the ISP has contacted me by email through SpamCop and the issue is resolved. He asks me to contact SpamCop and tell them that he did resolve it, which I'll happily do.

How do I do this? I read the Help and FAQ but couldn't find any info on this.

Hi Stephan - good work in alerting the ISP through your reporting and credit to him for resolving the issue. Presumably the problem was fixed before the IP address involved was listed in the SCBL, if so the ISP doesn't really need to do anything - unless his problem involved a spam spew and there might be other reports coming in. In which case the ISP should follow the links and procedures set out in the SC report he received. That way he can avoid being listed on account of spam sent before he fixed the problem.

There is a page Dispute Resolution: ISPs and administrators which comes into play when an IP address is listed or in danger of being listed. That may interest the ISP and inform him about the process but it covers fairly much the same area he was directed to in the SC report (the one SC sent on your behalf).

There is a link in that page to a form which can be used to inform SpamCop about incorrect reports and resolved issues.

Anyone can check to see if an IP address is listed at any time, through the SpamCop Blocking List lookup. There are links through that for dispute resolution (mostly for the administrators of IP addresses that are listed). Again, the ISP should have already been directed there (or to an earlier page which links to that one actually).

after filing a spam report, the ISP has contacted me by email through SpamCop and the issue is resolved. He asks me to contact SpamCop and tell them that he did resolve it, which I'll happily do. How do I do this?
Not to worry, there's nothing you need to do. It's good that the ISP resolved the issue, but that's their business, not ours. We don't track or follow-up on issues. All we ask is that the spam stop. The ISP doesn't need to report to us on what they did.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

Archived