Badly formatted spam

dra007

I am getting a lot of this unintelligible jibberish spam. Unless you look at the massage source the html link does not even show up in the browser..you have to actually move the cursor over the right place before click on it turns blue...

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1267534429z9...d082e86070551az

Spammers must be getting really desperate if they don't even take the time to check the output of their software... I am really puzzled by this..

I am getting a lot of this unintelligible jibberish spam. Unless you look at the massage source the html link does not even show up in the browser..you have to actually move the cursor over the right place before click on it turns blue...

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1267534429z9...d082e86070551az

Spammers must be getting really desperate if they don't even take the time to check the output of their software... I am really puzzled by this..

I got one of these today as well. Looks like spammy's software burped and forgot to drop in the host name part of the URL, it just contains the random junk after the question mark (hashbuster? web bug?).

The gibberish almost looks like it might be Russian transliterated into roman type, I don't speak Russian so it is hard to tell. Don't know what the point of transliteration would be.

The junk string looks like that currently being used by an outfit that hosts its website on a botnet, these are particularly annoying and time-consuming to deal with.

This kind of sloppiness seems to happen with some regularity. I guess the spammers figure that they can just put another spam run out on the botnets if they screw one up.

-- rick

I got one of these today as well. Looks like spammy's software burped and forgot to drop in the host name part of the URL, it just contains the random junk after the question mark (hashbuster? web bug?).

The gibberish almost looks like it might be Russian transliterated into roman type, I don't speak Russian so it is hard to tell. Don't know what the point of transliteration would be.

that's just paylod text from some book, to fool filters. Transliteration used mainly for those who carry "non russian characters set containig/supporting" computers around the world. So they can read some book...

I am coming to believe some spam is simply sent for it's annoyance value...they can't possibly expect to make money with some of the subject lines they use...some if not most I wouldn't even want to repeat here...

If someone reports them for >3 years consistently and every single spam like I do, I would expect they would know by now... Yet I get the same crap, even worse.. I understand that they keep selling on the e-mail lists, but you'd think they care if they keep getting listed and run out of business..

• 4 weeks later...

Archived