Report History Requests

svanslyck

As of 4/6/97, the "24 Hours to 90 Days" dropdown within "View Older Reports" in the report history doesn't do anything in either IE or Firefox but change the URL.

1. Is a fix coming?

2. It would be INCREDIBLY great if there was some way to search within the reports so that I can find out, for example, if I reported you[at]yourdomain.com by mistake, which we've all done on occassion.

3. It would also be pretty nice if we could unreport someone that we reported by mistake, if we realized it "in time" and filed the "unreport" "in time." I am not sure what "in time" should be, but I assume it might be at least as short as 10 or 15 minutes.

You know your address is going to get harvested if you use it for your forum name?

As of 4/6/97, the "24 Hours to 90 Days" dropdown within "View Older Reports" in the report history doesn't do anything in either IE or Firefox but change the URL.
Not sure about the date (you mean 4/6/07?) but yes and for some time before too. The codes in the address pane set the limit to how far back the "Older Reports" button will go. You can of course type values directly into the address to skip around the buttons. Yes, very klunky and no great advance on the "workaround" method that preceded it. In an address like

"http://members.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=showhistory;slice=;val=0;offset=810;query_type=4"

the "query_type=4" means the maximum 90 day history ("0" means 24 hours, "1" 48 hours etc.) and the "offset=810" starts the reporting at the 810th report in your history (followed by the next 9) - if the query_type at least matches how long ago the date of those reports was.

1. Is a fix coming?
We're seldom told of changes in advance. Suggest your post and responses be moved to the "New Feature Request" forum to stand a better chance of being "seen." I will fix that unless anyone has violent objections.
2. It would be INCREDIBLY great if there was some way to search within the reports so that I can find out, for example, if I reported you[at]yourdomain.com by mistake, which we've all done on occassion.
Yes, all the more reason to move your post to the other forum
3. It would also be pretty nice if we could unreport someone that we reported by mistake, if we realized it "in time" and filed the "unreport" "in time." I am not sure what "in time" should be, but I assume it might be at least as short as 10 or 15 minutes.
Um, to stop reports going out? IIUC they go as soon as you hit the "Send spam Report(s) Now" button - within a few milliseconds. You know the process to "unsend reports" as described in the FAQs? It is actually to retract a report, too late to stop it no matter how quick you are.

[attribution unstuck in quotes - unfixable just now]

(fixed by Wazoo)

Sorry I mean't 2007. How do I move the post? I have never been able to find a "My Account" link or anything where I can change my username.
Moved.

Name change - just send Wazoo a PM (Personal Message). Procedure is at FAQ SECTION 7 - Change of Username - there's even a link in a later posting "there" which will open a pre-addressed PM form for you if you're unfamiliar with PM.

One way to get to your forum account detail is to click the "0 New Messages" link near the top of any page, on the extreme right. That takes you to the messages (where you can send/read PMs) but also provides a heap of member options under the menus on the left hand side of the page which is "Your control panel". But there's no option to change your name. Just ask Wazoo.

Archived