[Resolved] Problem with SUB folders!

Gone to delete a folder for placing mail for PP. But as I am personna non grata!! I wanted to delete the folder. I have a SUB folder to the main one and it is this little bleeder which is proving difficult to rid myself of!! I deleetd all the old mail, then went to select the folder..........This being where the problem started!! NO check mark box? Is one for the MAIN box but none for the sub box. And I can't now get shot of either?! Any ideas please peeps??

Chris

...I deleetd all the old mail, then went to select the folder..........This being where the problem started!! NO check mark box? ...
I don't use the email system so there's not a lot I can do for you - but did you just delete or did you purge? Seem to recall there is a setting "delete and hide" whereas deleted messages actually have to be deleted and purged before you could delete the folder which contained them.

then went to select the folder..........This being where the problem started!! NO check mark box? Is one for the MAIN box but none for the sub box. And I can't now get shot of either?! Any ideas please peeps??

Have you selected the Folder icon in webmail? You should see the check boxes in that view.

FolderINBOX INBOX

Mailbox angloinfo

Mailbox drafts

Expand FolderClosed Folder freecycle

Mailbox Held Mail

Mailbox sent-mail

Mailbox STD

Mailbox Trash

Is this what you require?? The folder I was deleting was named Pay-Pal and is now the "Freecycle" Folder which has a SUB folder which is named "Tackle Tarts" (don't ask!!;-)) But allthough the Freecycle folder is showing as is the sub folder I now cannot place mail in that folder.

Thanks for ALL your help!! MUCH appreciated.

Chris

I am having a bit of difficulty with the terms you used, specificly the term Mailbox; I am guessing that you are using it to mean "sub folder" and that your folder structure looks as follows:

INBOX

-----angloinfo

-----drafts

-----freecycle (This was named Pay-Pal and was renamed freecycle)

----------Tackle Tarts

-----Held Mail

-----sent-mail

-----STD

-----Trash

But allthough the Freecycle folder is showing as is the sub folder I now cannot place mail in that folder.
A bit confused again. Originally you were asking about deleting a folder, now you are talking about putting mail into a folder.

It is possible that the renaming process created a problem.

If you want to continue to use the name "freecycle" rename that folder back to Pay-Pal first then

My suggestion would be to create a new folder under "INBOX" and then a new folder under the one you just created. Move any mail you want to save out of freecycle and Tackle Tarts to the new folders.

Then delete Tackle Tarts

Then delete freecycle

Let us know if that helps or if I am still not understanding your question.

Will be waiting to hear from you.

My apologies as I seem to have confused things slightly. If you KNEW me you would NOT be surprised by this though :) I originally had the folder FREECYCLE named Pay-Pal and with the sub folder TACKLE TARTS. I deleted all messages by hand? And then went to delete the folders themselves. they would not delete, I then changed the name of the PP folder to FREECYCLE and now I am not being allowed to put mail in as the folder does not exist (According to the system) And it will not delete. Does this help??

Chris

Just gone to do as you asked and got this message?

The folder 'Pay-Pal' was not deleted. This is what the server said: Mailbox does not exist, or must be subscribed to.

Went back AGAIN now feeling V Confident thanks to you!! And deleted TACKLE TARTS. THAT DID IT!!!! RAY**********

BZ fella, thank you!!

Just gone to do as you asked and got this message?

The folder 'Pay-Pal' was not deleted. This is what the server said: Mailbox does not exist, or must be subscribed to.

Are you doing these things from webmail or from some other application?

Archived