IP address instead of Isp email address

Timbo5

Spamcop(after interrogating)use to give you the ISP's email address so you could cut&paste details and send.Now all I get is the IP address.when did this change and how do I get Details to Isp's now?

I think it depends upon the ISP involved.

I just parsed an Email which originated from Hotmail and was offered a number of Email addresses I could have used to manually report the item.

Andrew

I think it depends upon the ISP involved.

I just parsed an Email which originated from Hotmail and was offered a number of Email addresses I could have used to manually report the item.

every1 I try gives me IP instead of email

I think the OP is saying that he is getting "If reports were sent, they would go to...." and there is no option to send a spamcop report. (though I am not sure about the 'cut&paste' comment which doesn't fit my theory).

To Timbo5: If you provide a tracking URL, then people can see what you are talking about.

How to find the Tracking URL:

You are on the SpamCop parsing output page, whether from a paste-your-spam-in-the-box action on "your" www.spamcop.net web page or from the resulting "your report is ready" e-mail from an e-mailed submittal.

1. Right click on that long string of characters identified as "your Tracking URL" ...(as this is the same URL as the exact page that you are viewing, one could also copy the web-page address showing in the browser address bar) ... if the entire string of characters doesn't highlight, then you will have to "select the entire string of characters" . usually by dragging the mouse from one end to the other with the laft mouse button depressed, releasing the mouse button at the end of the test string (speaking Windows here) .. then right-click on the highlighted text string.

2. Select the "copy Shortcut" if available ... "copy" if you had to manually grab the text string ... this will place that data on your (Windows) clipboard.

3. Start your Forum or newsgroup post, and when you get to where it's needed, right-click in thatposting and select "Paste" which should bring that 'stored' URL from the clipboard and put it into the posting. Whne you have you query typed in, submit your post and hopefully the next thing you see will be something to answer the riddle

There is another FAQ entry about how to get a tracking url from a previously submitted spam How to find Tracking URL

HTH

Miss Betsy

I think the OP is saying that he is getting "If reports were sent, they would go to...." and there is no option to send a spamcop report. (though I am not sure about the 'cut&paste' comment which doesn't fit my theory).

Archived