How do I pay?

Can anyone help me please

My spamcop email account is near expiry. I am given a choice between using PayPal and sending a cheque. Since this is about combatting spam, I am very very very reluctant to use PayPal in the first case, and when I cave in and and even try to pay through PayPal I am told I cannot pay for my own email account since my credit cards have all been used (by myself) earlier to pay for other accounts (mostly employees and family members). I write PayPal and ask them to erase whatever accounts I might have incurred with them so that I can use one of my cards to pay for my own account and they do not answer.

I then try to send a cheque to Spamcop. My bank no longer accepts fund transferral orders without the account particulars of the receiver. Spamcop doesnt state their account number, SWIFT code or anything anywhere. I write an email to Spamcop and I have so far gotten no reply.

Meanwhile my email account is going to expire in a few days.

Suggestions?

The SpamCop FAQ here has some data on e-mail accounts;

SpamCop Email System & Accounts

What is this SpamCop Mail Service?

What is the cost?

How do I sign up?

NEW! How many SpamCop e-mail accounts do I need?

--> One is enough

--> Maybe I need three or more?

How do I sign up for multiple accounts under the family plan?

Discounted Additional Account, more detail

When does my account expire?

How do I renew my account?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and the critical item there would seem to be the data on page;

https://mail.spamcop.net/pricing.php

.......Credit card payments are processed through PayPal, or cash or checks are accepted via mail.

As you Registered here with a spamcop.net address, I will kick a note upstream in case something else happened to your e-mail (or a Reply ... see the Announcements section about some network routing issues this morning [here]) ....

Can anyone help me please

My spamcop email account is near expiry. I am given a choice between using PayPal

Suggestions?

Just get your PayPal account working

I have used it for years without spam from them

I do get "Phishing" attempts by criminals so take care

Just log onto PayPal select the "TAB" "Profile"

Then under "Financial Information"

Click link "Credit cards "

Then the "Button" "ADD"

after adding new credit card details click remove button to rid old ones. THEN LOG OUT

If using Internet for banking I strongly recommend a password saver like windows one

Use a Password Saver on USB removable drive to store passwords This allows full use for 30 days after which it allows in freeware mode 20 passwords. Advantage is even if your computer is compromised it is very doubtful passwords can be obtained.

As always do a security check periodically of your computer from my signature (Symantec site) and have

Firewall Virus and Spyware protection software on your computer

Mutiple family SpamCop accounts got here

https://mail.spamcop.net/account_multi.php

: and the critical item there would seem to be the data on page;

: https://mail.spamcop.net/pricing.php

: .......Credit card payments are processed through PayPal, or cash or checks are accepted via : mail.

There is nothing of any help on that page. Just a note to the effect that I can use PayPal or that I may send a check. No SWIFT code, no bank name, no bank account number, all of which are necessary to transfer money.

And the problems with PayPal I believe I just told you about.

So...

Anyone else?

: .......Credit card payments are processed through PayPal, or cash or checks are accepted via : mail.

There is nothing of any help on that page. Just a note to the effect that I can use PayPal or that I may send a check. No SWIFT code, no bank name, no bank account number, all of which are necessary to transfer money.

Not sure what the issue is ... the text I copied off says .. PayPal or "by mail" ... nothing about Electronic Funds Transfer .... I'm kind of at a loss that you would expect that anyone would put their bank acount data up in clear text on a web-site that is under continuous hacking attacks, deals with the fallout of lowlife folks that subvert the very nature of 'the Internet' in any way possible .....

As I stated, I sent an e-mail to JT on your behalf to bring it to his attention in case their was an issue with your e-mail and/or his Reply .... I also pointed you to the Announcements section that has a couple of posts there dealing with some network routing issues that may have been involved ... whether any of that was involved, I have no idea, as he's the only one that can deal with any of these issues ....

There is no one else that can do anything more than what I've already tried to do for you .... as you seem to state that petzl's attempt at help didn't do any good (though noting that you really didn't reply at all to that post ...) See Section 8 - SpamCop's System & Active Staff User Guide to see the list of 'anyone else' .....

You need to send spamcop a PAPER CHECK. When they cash it, the necessary numbers will be transferred between the banks involved for the actual money transfer.

Ok, so there is basically no way to pay.

I cannot send a paper check - no banks where I have accounts have that service. They require an account to send funds to.

This is strange in a way. I have used spamcop for, uhm, how many years? Well. I bid Spamcop farewell, then.

When spamcop decides it will accept major credit cards, I'll be happy to sign up again.

What happens with all my mail folders till then? Should I erase everything before the account expires?

How did you pay in the past?

If you are so surprised at not finding all of JT's corporate or personal banking information left on-line ... why not just post all of your data? I have no doubt that someone could then figure out how to subtract am approriate amount of funds from your account for you ....

Just in case .... do not post your data here .....

: How did you pay in the past?

By credit card. One or two years ago Spamcop turned to PayPal. I have very reluctantly used them for the past two years, one reason is that PayPal are well-knwon spammers, and for this reason I certainly feel very uncomfortable having to give my credit card details to them, and even less comfortable as it turns out they store those card details in the shape of user accounts, but if you read closely a few messages up, I offer an explanation of how PayPal arranges things so that it is nigh impossible to pay more than one time. Once you've paid with one credit card for one account, PayPal seems to lock the twain together and only gives out an error message should I want to use the same credit card to pay for another account. There is further no telephone or other contact possibilities unless you log on. Only after loggin on does one have a support option. In order to log on you have to accept their customer agreement (check a box somewhere) to the effect that you agree that they store your card details, which is what I try to avoid at all costs.

: If you are so surprised at not finding all of JT's corporate or personal banking information left on-line ...

: why not just post all of your data? I have no doubt that someone could then figure out how to subtract

: am approriate amount of funds from your account for you ....

Where I come from a firm's bank account is in most cases published on each letterhead and in many cases on the firm's web page. Well, I seee your point though. One may have reasons for not wanting to publish those details.

Then why not just simply accept credit cards the good, old fashioned way? And for pete's sake, give a phone number on the web page. Then I pick up the phone, read out my card number and that pretty much is that. Why do things have to be so infinitely difficult?

By credit card. One or two years ago Spamcop turned to PayPal.

A number of years ago, one could handle all of the various SpamCop.net accounts through SpamCop.net. Then the e-mail account part was handed over to JT. Then IromPort acquired the Parsing & Reporting side of SpamCop.net. If you look at Add fuel to your SpamCop reporting account you'll see that you can still use a credit card for that side of the SpamCop.net system. However, this has nothing to do with a SpamCop.net e-mail account.

Again, this was shown in the FAQ entry I provided that identified 'Staff' ....

All that can be said is that the web-page pointed to does state "Credit card payments are processed through PayPal" .... so the option does in fact appear to still be valid. That you have issues with PayPal .. can't blame that on JT.

In the past, JT also used a service called 2Checkout (or something like that) ... no longer used .. but perhaps this also offered a CC entry .. I have no knowledge on that. This was only noted when someone else tried to use it, ran into issues, and I asked about getting the web-page changed to remove that data ....

I have very reluctantly used them for the past two years, one reason is that PayPal are well-knwon spammers,

Of all the complaints about PayPal that I have seen, this is not one that's common, other than by folks that believe that all the phish type spams really do come from PayPal ... they do not ...

Then why not just simply accept credit cards the good, old fashioned way?

Having run a business myself, helped others set-up and run their's ..... credit cards are a real pain. Service fees, charge-backs, fraud, time delays between when accounts are 'paid' and when 'you' actually 'see' that money, never mind the paperwork in general .... I'll take it that you may not have seen/read the comment "If we were to provide monthly billing, the additional fees and costs associated with those bills would force us to raise our prices." Though I really don't know what the average income may be where you're at, ot would take a lot of a $3 U.S./month accounts to have enough loose change left after paying the bills to then pay someone to sit there and answer the phone that might ring. Looking at all the e-mail that he receives about issues that are not under his control, that poor person answering the phone would no doubt be inundated by calls that had nothing to do with 'renewing my account' .....

And for pete's sake, give a phone number on the web page. Then I pick up the phone, read out my card number and that pretty much is that. Why do things have to be so infinitely difficult?

Once again, if you hadn't looked at that previously referenced 'Staff' FAQ entry, please do .... note that most of the names there are followed by the word 'volunteer' .... Providing the SpamCop.net support stuff, the newsgroups, this Forum, and the SpamCop.net e-mail accounts are but a portion of his actual business ... there is no office with a dozen people sitting there waiting to take your phone call ....

As seen in the Announcements section recent posts (you did look at them, right?) you'll note that I couldn't get hom on the phone myself ....

: All that can be said is that the web-page pointed to does state "Credit card payments are processed

: through PayPal" .... so the option does in fact appear to still be valid. That you have issues with

: PayPal .. can't blame that on JT.

And JT would be...?

: In the past, JT also used a service called 2Checkout (or something like that) ... no longer used .. but

I recall that one. They appear bona fide.

: Of all the complaints about PayPal that I have seen, this is not one that's common, other than by folks

: that believe that all the phish type spams really do come from PayPal ... they do not ...

I hope I am able to see which one is the real thing. They did spam widely before.

: Having run a business myself, helped others set-up and run their's ..... credit cards are a real pain.

: Service fees, charge-backs, fraud, time delays between when accounts are 'paid' and when 'you'

: actually 'see' that money, never mind the paperwork in general .... I'll take it that you may not have

I am running a business, have been for decades. There are 30 days max from you charge a card till you have the money. One form per transaction and one form for all transactions per week. Another form per year. I am a formophobiac and a dyscalculectic, but I can handle that. Been frauded once.

: those bills would force us to raise our prices." Though I really don't know what the average income may

: be where you're at, ot would take a lot of a $3 U.S./month accounts to have enough loose change left

: after paying the bills to then pay someone to sit there and answer the phone that might ring. Looking at all

I am considering any email service that will actually work. The price is not relevant. You could add a zero to your rates, if it worked, if I could get on with other things. I dont care about the price. I care about getting things done.

: of the names there are followed by the word 'volunteer' .... Providing the SpamCop.net support stuff, the

_Volunteers_? Ahm.. cant you hire a few people to answer the phone and open mail? I mean, most other companies have secretarial staff.

And yes, I looked at the posts, I looked at the link. No information of any value that I saw right away.

Well, I guess I give up.

Final word: The concept of Spamcop is cute. Part of this actually works. I have been running a whitelist. My mail arrives in my inbox and the rest I neither see nor care about. I guess if you guys could handle the organization part, the business part of this more professionally, then yes, it could take off. You appear scared to raise prices in order to hire the people you need in order to get things done. I guess that is where you go wrong.

Let's assume a language issue is involved here.

I am a volunteer .... as stated on one of the referenced page that you say has "no data of value" .....

JT is the owner of the system that includes providing SpamCop.net e-mail accounts ... also defined on the same page I note above ....

as I said before, I have done what I can to help ....

Final word: The concept of Spamcop is cute. Part of this actually works. I have been running a whitelist. My mail arrives in my inbox and the rest I neither see nor care about. I guess if you guys could handle the organization part, the business part of this more professionally, then yes, it could take off. You appear scared to raise prices in order to hire the people you need in order to get things done. I guess that is where you go wrong.

I am not an employee of spamcop (you will not find many, if any, of them here. I am a satisfied customer.

The $30/year Spamcop accounts are generally meant to be personal accounts and raising the prices beyond that will likely lower the total number of customers. There are corporate options available at: http://www.cesmail.net/corporate.php

I have been a customer for over 5 years now and the only CC option has always been Paypal.

I have never seen nor heard of a spam coming from paypal. There are lots of phishing emails CLAIMING to be from them, but the source is generally .CN (for me, anyway).

I am looking at the corporate page now. It doesnt say anything about payment methods. Quick question: If I switch to a corporate solution, are there some more payment options available? Anybody who knows?

(And for the record, I am mostly a happy customer too, in the sense that Spamcop basically does what it is supposed to do, filter out the spam and give me the rest.)

I am looking at the corporate page now. It doesnt say anything about payment methods. Quick question: If I switch to a corporate solution, are there some more payment options available? Anybody who knows?

Yes, "the one guy" that runs it.

On the other hand, I see all kinds of data available .... however, it's all a nebulous because it's based on unanswerd questions, like how many users, how/where the server might be placed, what assets are to be provided (and by whom) .... hint: "Corporate" usually implies some kind of "contract" in which various terms are spelled out / negotiated .... so once again, back to a page that lists data, but you "find nothing of value" .... and this includes an e-mail address "for more information"

You say you've looked at the "Staff" page .. but then turn around ask "who is JT?"

You say you've looked at the "Staff" page .. but then go on a bit of a tirade about "Why don't you ....?"

You say you've sent e-mail to JT. I know I have sent e-mail on your behalf to JT. As seen at the top of this page;

This is a User to User Support Forum

The primary mode of support here is peer-to-peer, meaning users helping other users. (please remember this at all times!)

Another try:

This forum is composed of people who have used spamcop and those who are learning about anti-spam efforts.

You've already ignored the "Volunteer" status that has beein pointed out by most of the folks Replying to you 'here' ....

There is nothing else anyone 'here' can do for you .....

: Yes, "the one guy" that runs it.

You have lost me.

: On the other hand, I see all kinds of data available .... however, it's all a nebulous because it's based

: on unanswerd questions, like how many users, how/where the server might be placed, what assets are to

One user. No dedicated server.

: You say you've looked at the "Staff" page .. but then turn around ask "who is JT?"

Yes?

: You say you've looked at the "Staff" page .. but then go on a bit of a tirade about "Why don't you ....?"

Yes?

: You say you've sent e-mail to JT.

I have not and I have not said I have done.

: You've already ignored the "Volunteer" status that has beein pointed out by most of the folks Replying to

Ignored? What is this? Is this the way to meet a customer? Who is this guy who is writing this?

: There is nothing else anyone 'here' can do for you .....

Common etiquette and a presumption of good faith would be a place to start.

I see I am wasting my time. Goodbye.

One item referenced previously, one you've stated you've looked at a couple of times, then asked other questiosn that made it apparent that you did not in fact look at that referenced page ... repeated link so you can try to clear up the issue on just who is who and what they do ...

Section 8 - SpamCop's System & Active Staff User Guide

How one could look at that and then later ask And JT would be...? certainly has me baffled.

Amyway, from JT in response to my request for help;

Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:50:46 -0400

To: WazoO

Subject: Re: user wants to do an EFT to renew e-mail account

References: <00bc01c78a10$48e18ec0$6401a8c0[at]msi6378>

In-Reply-To: <00bc01c78a10$48e18ec0$6401a8c0[at]msi6378>

Thanks, I talked to him via email.

Jeff

WazoO wrote:

> http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8207

> Has some PayPal issues, talks about wanting to do an EFT,

> but needs routing data. Pointed him/her to the FAQ, but