Block All Option

I seem to continue to report the same spam to the spamcop reporting email system with no luck. I receive spam email from parts unknown, date unknown, sender unknown directly to my inbox on a daily basis and continue to report it but spamcop's processor seems to hiccup reporting back an error while trying to process. An just yesterday, I turned on the block all options which blocks all emails that are not whitelisted. Well, what do you know, the same email comes directly to my inbox again today. Has anyone else experienced this and have any answers as to why this is happening. I can't get a response from Spamcop and this is an obviously loophole for spammers. Here's the complete text and headers below:

Text:

we email advertise your charity web site to 7,500,000 people. free.

http://www.theemailbroadcastingcompany.com

Headers:

Return-Path: <artbhill[at]spamcop.net>

Delivered-To: spamcop-net-artbhill[at]spamcop.net

Received: (qmail 23898 invoked from network); 29 Apr 2007 10:46:30 -0000

X-spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.1.8 (2007-02-13) on blade2.cesmail.net

X-spam-Level: ********************

X-spam-Status: hits=20.9 tests=MISSING_SUBJECT,URIBL_AB_SURBL,URIBL_BLACK,

URIBL_JP_SURBL,URIBL_OB_SURBL,URIBL_SBL,URIBL_SC_SURBL,URIBL_WS_SURBL

version=3.1.8

Received: from unknown (192.168.1.103)

by blade2.cesmail.net with QMQP; 29 Apr 2007 10:46:30 -0000

Received: from host130.advance.com.ar (200.70.48.130)

by mx53.cesmail.net with SMTP; 29 Apr 2007 10:46:30 -0000

To: artbhill[at]spamcop.net

X-SpamCop-Checked:

X-SpamCop-Disposition: Blocked SpamAssassin=20

X-SpamCop-Whitelisted: artbhill[at]spamcop.net

Quick answer: fix the data in your configurations settings defined by the line;

X-SpamCop-Whitelisted: artbhill[at]spamcop.net

Having "your" address whitelisted bypasses any and all checks for spam construct/content ... it's doing exactly as it was intended to do, whitelist a 'known good e-mail address' .... In this case, this e-mail would have been moved to the Held Mail folder as seen in the lines;

X-SpamCop-Checked:

X-SpamCop-Disposition: Blocked SpamAssassin=20

However, you 'whitelisted' that address, so those checks and 'blocking' action (actually the filtering action) were ignored.

The 'hiccup' in reporting is because in the sample you provided, there is only a single IP address in those headers, and it is a non-routable address ... so there is no one to report it to ....

To 'explain' any of that, one would have to start with the whole 'rest of the story' ... specifically starting with how you have everything else configured, how your spamcop.net e-mail account / you actually 'gets' e-mail ... POPing some other account, another accout Forwarding, on and on ....

Archived