[Resolved] No new mail since 4/28/07

I have a POP account that was old enough to be getting more spam than I could look at (100+ a day) and I also needed a webmail interface, so I set up a Spamcop account and had it read from my POP account. This setup has worked for years, but for the last week I have not gotten any new mail in my Spamcop Inbox.

My ISP has added a webmail interface of its own, so I looked there and some 1600 new emails are listed as having arrived since 4/28. My accounts are paid up. I've already notified the Spamcop staff.

Can anyone here tell me what might cause this? I see the Spamcop servers had a hiccup on 4/28, but I thought that was resolved.

Did you look in the POP interface of spamcop to see if you are getting any errors? Did you also contact your ISP to see if something is up on their end. If you have 1600 messages there, it sounds like nothing is coming in that path.

This evening, service was restored. No explanation so far. I spent a few hours searching my POP inbox for the actual mail, then after I had done all that, the connection was restored! At least I had found the same real messages that Spamcop found when they got my account working. :D

I spent a few hours searching my POP inbox for the actual mail,

Having no doubt that I am misreading here .... I have to state that if you have enough e-mail sitting "in your InVox" that you can take hours to search through it ... that InBox is simply out of control .... suggestion being some kind of archiving, filtering out into sub-folders .. something has to be better than 'searching for hours' .....

As done 'here' .... Incoming e-mail gets filtered via Rules, which move 'known' e-mail sender's things to a specific folder. What's left in that InBox is either spam or something that hasn't yet gotten a Rule written for it yet.

Archived