[Resolved] Yahoo Beta

Hey, guys... I tried out Yahoo Beta for a few days and noticed that my Yahoo emails weren't getting back to SpamCop's mail system. Has anyone looked at how to retrieve those from the Beta email system on Yahoo?

• 2 weeks later...

Oops... sorry. Didn't see those. :-) I'll look at the Popgate one... that looks more like the issue. :blush:

Are you trying to use Yahoo mail through a separate mail client (ie: Outlook, Thunderbird, etc)? I believe Yahoo beta is simply an enhanced version of their webmail system that is written in AJAX format to look more like a mail client within the bounds of your webmail browser.

If you're using SBC/AT&T Yahoo mail, I believe they have changed the POP/SMTP servers recently and so you might look into that also.

Are you trying to use Yahoo mail through a separate mail client (ie: Outlook, Thunderbird, etc)? I believe Yahoo beta is simply an enhanced version of their webmail system that is written in AJAX format to look more like a mail client within the bounds of your webmail browser.

If you're using SBC/AT&T Yahoo mail, I believe they have changed the POP/SMTP servers recently and so you might look into that also.

Nope... not using an external client. Yes, Yahoo Beta is just an "enhanced" version, but it may be different servers, or it may be the information that SpamCop is expecting is different, but the bottom line is it doesn't work... which I should have looked more carefully before asking. :-)

Just to be clear... My Yahoo mail is "POP"ed from yahoo by Spamcop. No external client, but there's something different enough that it doesn't work with the Beta. No big deal... I don't check Yahoo that much directly anyway. :-)

For now, I'd suggest marking this thread as "closed"

Just to be clear... My Yahoo mail is "POP"ed from yahoo by Spamcop. No external client, but there's something different enough that it doesn't work with the Beta. No big deal... I don't check Yahoo that much directly anyway. :-)

The popgate system basically emulates the steps you would take to log in and view all of your messages. If even one thing on the site changes, it can disrupt the download.

Once the service is out of beta, the scri_pt will need to be changed to account for the site changes. I assume it sees the yahoo.com login domain and goes to the yahoo scri_pt, which is a problem during a beta test.

Consider it closed.

Archived