Webmail display issues

Hi.... I'm hoping someone can help me here... it appears that there is an issue (for me at least) with Webmail and Firefox. When viewing my inbox I can't see the subjects because the "from" field is so huge! I went into my preferences and tried to shrink it, but it's not working.... it's like 2,000 characters long for some reason. This does NOT happen in IE 7, but I really don't WANT to use IE. I like my Firefox. :-)

I had this problem before with my held mail, but worked around that by using the "IE tab" plugin to Firefox (which actually helped somewhat) but now if I use an IE tab for both inbox and held mail, I can't have both open at the same time....

On a related issue, it appears that my filters don't work correctly either... I've been getting stock spam for a particular stock and I put filters in place to automatically move that to "held" mail, but after it ran once, it appears that it stopped working. Same thing for the filter I built for handling non-western character sets such as Cyrillic.

Any suggestions, folks???

PS: Note that this does NOT happen on my linux box at home, otherwise I'd be up a creek. :) Only happens on my Windows XP system at work. Just as a possible explanation, I'm wondering if it might be something that IE7 is doing???

I hope a FireFox user can help you out soon mrmaxx. I found a Horde/IMP webmail user manual Horde/IMP Web Mail User Guide but that doesn't seem to address your problems (though there is a very brief mention of filters on the last page). All the Googling seems to say it's all IE's fault for being

• ignorant of standards
  • too popular

but that isn't at all helpful.

I hope a FireFox user can help you out soon mrmaxx. I found a Horde/IMP webmail user manual Horde/IMP Web Mail User Guide but that doesn't seem to address your problems (though there is a very brief mention of filters on the last page). All the Googling seems to say it's all IE's fault for being

• ignorant of standards
  • too popular

but that isn't at all helpful.

Well, this is weird... Now it's working fine. I suspect it may have something to do with how many messages are displayed, etc. May have to try that next time and see if that changes anything.

Well, this is weird... Now it's working fine. I suspect it may have something to do with how many messages are displayed, etc. May have to try that next time and see if that changes anything.

Could it also be that one of your messages had a sender padded with spaces that IE ignored?

Could it also be that one of your messages had a sender padded with spaces that IE ignored?

Who knows?? Anything is possible. It's strange, though, that it only happens on Firefox on Windows... *shrug*

While doing research for answers in another Topic, I can only state that I don't see a difference in the InBox listing between IE7 and FF 2.0.0.3 on the same Win-XP system .... The longest From: field content is (some data replaced one-for-one with 'x') scrouting-bouncesxxx[at]xxxx.cesmail.net .. point being that the From field is 'just long enough to show that complete address ....

Archived