Firefox incompatible with Webmail?

Has anyone else had problems with Firefox and Webmail lately? I have had serious issues lately on both Windows XP and Linux (Fedora Core 6) trying to log into webmail. At work, I have had to start using the IE tab plugin just to get access to my webmail. At home, under linux, it keeps asking if I want to open redirect.php with an HTML editor or save it to disk. This is not a good thing. :(

Could someone more familiar with PHP look into this problem and see if there's something wrong with Firefox 2 or if it's the SpamCop webmail??? Right now, I can not log into webmail at home on my linux box.

I have Firefox 2.0.0.4 running on Win 2K and am experiencing no problems at all.

Strangely enough, FF is working for me at work today. *shrug* I'm still having issues with my linux box tho... and I'm not exactly a novice linux user. :D Seriously, I've been "playing" with linux (i.e. running it as my desktop) for close to 10 years now... I started with RedHat 5 and I'm on Fedora Core 6 now... steadily been upgrading my hardware and O/S over the years. :-)

One possibility I thought about was that Firefox needed to be restarted, so I shut it down and restarted it, but still had the same issue. About the only thing I can think of that maybe I ought to try would be a reboot of the system..... I may try that later if I don't get any other suggestions.

I have no issues getting to webmail with Firefox, either at home or at work. I am still having the issue that I've been having for a couple years now though -- something in the way Firefox does java scri_pt causes webmail to be extremely slow for me at work. But not home. It's really weird. If I have java scri_pt enabled, pages load very slowly at work. If I disable java scri_pt, then it is very fast -- like it is at home with java scri_pt enabled.

I've set IE Tab to load webmail in an IE tab at work, and it's working well for me now, though it would still be nice to figure out what the heck is going on at some point.

With the continuous updates / changes involved, when 'complaining' about various web-page interactions with FireFox, one "must" also identify just what version of FireFox is in use. On top of that, there is also the question of just what 'extra' tools, temlates, plug-ins, whatever have been installed. Even FireFox's own documentation mentions trying to bring up the browse in 'safe-mode' to rule out these other interactions (before submitting a bug report)

Archived