Mail Server Changing

I have a question about our mail hosts. We have an email address: xxxx[at]tyler.net that is being forwarded to spamcop.net for spam holding, before being forwarded onto our domain email address. The cable company hosting our xxxx[at]tyler.net has changed hands to Suddenlink Cable, and we have been given new mail server settings. My question is, does this affect our Spamcop account? Does anything need to be changed at Spamcop's end to accomodate these changes? Thanks for any info.

I have a question about our mail hosts. We have an email address: xxxx[at]tyler.net that is being forwarded to spamcop.net for spam holding, before being forwarded onto our domain email address. The cable company hosting our xxxx[at]tyler.net has changed hands to Suddenlink Cable, and we have been given new mail server settings. My question is, does this affect our Spamcop account? Does anything need to be changed at Spamcop's end to accomodate these changes? Thanks for any info.

Once you are using the new server, you should stop reporting until you submit and complete a new mailhost entry. You should not need to remove the existing configuration, just update it, which a new probe will do.

based on the way i read the query, this has nothing to do with the MailHost Configuration of your Reporting Account .. so will move this to the SpamCop E-mail System & Accounts Forum section with this post.

What I believe is being asked is ... it all depends on the DNS and MX records for your Domain. If they are updated correctly, then there should only be a (possible) short time that there may be any 'problem' ...

What you don't really mention in your description of "new mail server settings" is whether this is stuff for you to get your e-mail or it was the DNS and MX data that needs to be changed elsewhere.

If there is a question about "reporting" then yes, your 'MailHost Configuration of your Reporting Account' is going to need to be updated .. but again, this isn't what you seem to be asking about ....

Archived