[Resolved] webmail.spamcop.net feature requests

cherrick

A couple of feature requests for the webmail web client. If these already are in place, I apologize and thanks in advance for info about how to do this:

1. Activate filters on InBox from the Filters icon on the dashboard.

It appears that the filter (funnel) icon on the dashboard activates filters on the HeldMail box. I'd like to be able to login, be presented with my InBox and be able to trigger/execute my filters on my InBox from the main page.

2. Insertion cursor on Compose positioned in the composition pane in front of the "first character" in pane, instead of behind the last character.

The composition window automatically puts in my .sig (good), but puts the insertion cursor after my .sig. I have to manually move the insertion cursor to begin inputting text.

A couple of feature requests for the webmail web client. If these already are in place, I apologize and thanks in advance for info about how to do this:

2. Insertion cursor on Compose positioned in the composition pane in front of the "first character" in pane, instead of behind the last character.

Both of these would likely need to be dealt with directly with the people who maintain the application webmail is using ( http://www.horde.org/imp/ ). I just tried the new beta test to see if the same issues exist and found:

1. the filtering one does still exist. I have filters applied on Inbox everytime it is viewed, but only keep a days worth of email (10-20 messages) in there at any one time.

2. Does this happen on a reply as well? I do not use sigs on my various webmail identities, but when I hit reply to an existing message, the prompt is at the top of the message. It might have to do with the sig insertion part of the coding. Just added a sig to my main Identity and tested and the application added a blank line and a line with -- above the sig I entered, and tabbing through To: and Subject lines, dropped me to the top of the screen. It worked with both a new message and replies.

nothing stated about this being about the beta, so assumption is that is about the 'normal' webmail application, which is known to be old .... on the other hand, both versions are promarily a Horde/IMP installation. Throwing comments for consideration for this application would generally be made by contacting those folks, links found in the SpamCop FAQ 'here' .....

It appears that the filter (funnel) icon on the dashboard activates filters on the HeldMail box. I'd like to be able to login, be presented with my InBox and be able to trigger/execute my filters on my InBox from the main page.

Have you gone through any of the settings / configuration options? Having the Beta pulled up (then compared to the 'old' application);

Filter Options
  Apply filter rules upon logging on?  
  Apply filter rules whenever INBOX is displayed?  
  Allow filter rules to be applied in any mailbox?  
  Show the filter icon on the menubar?

what Box is displayed at login is based on your settings under Login Tasks.

Not sure I understand .. best case, I can't duplicate .. cursor for me seems to be "in front of the 'next' character"

The composition window automatically puts in my .sig (good), but puts the insertion cursor after my .sig. I have to manually move the insertion cursor to begin inputting text.

Don't use them, so don't know .. but this 'handling' seems to occur on other products also, so it seems like this would go back to the developers ....

Have you gone through any of the settings / configuration options? Having the Beta pulled up (then compared to the 'old' application);

Filter Options
  Apply filter rules upon logging on?  
  Apply filter rules whenever INBOX is displayed?  
  Allow filter rules to be applied in any mailbox?  
  Show the filter icon on the menubar?

what Box is displayed at login is based on your settings under Login Tasks.

Your instinct is correct Wazoo.

In the current production webmail.

Clicking the filter icon works on the displayed folder if the obvious options are used. I have a filter rule that I previously used to move spamcop replies (ie resulting from'report as spam') from the INBOX to their own folder.

Now that I have forced those replies to the Held Mail folder it works with no change to move from there too.

Your instinct is correct Wazoo.

In the current production webmail.

Clicking the filter icon works on the displayed folder if the obvious options are used. I have a filter rule that I previously used to move spamcop replies (ie resulting from'report as spam') from the INBOX to their own folder.

Now that I have forced those replies to the Held Mail folder it works with no change to move from there too.

Yes, I'm using the current non-Beta application.

Well, I'll be darned. I just opened webmail which took me to my InBox and indeed the filter icon hover states that filters will be applied to InBox. I'm guessing I was confused.

Both Compose and Reply put the insertion cursor after the last character in the input text box, i.e. after the .sig. You have to manually move the insertion cursor to before the first character. This should be changed in the Beta/ new version.

Both Compose and Reply put the insertion cursor after the last character in the input text box, i.e. after the .sig. You have to manually move the insertion cursor to before the first character. This should be changed in the Beta/ new version.

Well, I just tested the production server and again had no problem with the placement of the insertion icon. Are you by any chance clicking in the body section to get the focus there? Clicking below the signature (or in the area of the signature, is the only way I can get the symptom you describe.

BTW, what platform are you using? My tests have all been with WinXP or Vista Ultimate, both with IE7 and all patches applied.

Some other options: Do you

"Compose messages in a separate window?" (Message Composition options)

"Precede your signature with dashes ('-- ')" (Identity options)

"Place your signature before replies and forwards?" (Identity options)

I have all of those checked.

Compose messages in a separate window?" yes

"Precede your signature with dashes ('-- ')" yes

"Place your signature before replies and forwards?" no (but I just turned this on.

I'm using webmail.spamcop.net on FireFox 2.0.0.4 on Win XP Pro sp 2.

I am not clicking into the text entry box. I tab through to the text entry box (on composes) or I manipulate the scroll bar (on replies). The insertion cursor is after the last character in the text entry box (i.e. after the .sig).

I just ran webmailbeta.spamcop.net.

Same insertion cursor behavior (last in the text entry box).

Then perhaps it is a firefox issue. Can you try with IE and see if it behaves differently? Anyone else seeing this issue with firefox?

IE 7.0.5730

It's a FireFox issue.

IE puts the insertion cursor in front of the first character in the text input box (i.e. before the .sig).

[Resolved]... I wish FireFox would not do that!

Thanks for the reply. I will mark this thread resolved because it is not a spamcop problem, but it might still be a horde issue if they coded the pages differently for the 2 browsers. I would be surprised if you were the first to complain of this, however.

If you open a bug report with horde, you should include the firefox version as well.

Archived