[Resolved] My company's mail public adress has been listed in your database

Some server administrators use the spamcop message even when they are not using the spamcop blocklist. Since many spammers are listed and then delisted and then listed again, some server admins may just add any IP address that gets listed to a permanent blocklist or wait for a period of time before checking again with the spamcop blocklist.

You may have to contact the server administrator directly to find out why your emails are being returned. You may have to contact the person you want to email. You can contact the person by phone, by fax, or by using another email address. The person may be able to whitelist (put your email address on a list of emails that are always received) so that s/he can receive your email.

And, you need to be sure that the people that you are emailing really want to get your emails.

Miss Betsy

Hello

So, if I've really understand, my ip address has been added on the server (or "anti-spam" tool) of the correspondant list as blacklisted by SpamCop, that's why when we tried to send him/her a mail, we are immediatly reject and then, recieved this message ?

If yes, this became kinda diffucult, but thanks for explanations

:(

Spamcop is a DNS based blocklist, as such, the results can be cached by the recipients DNS server. If they have their cache expirations set to longer than normal, it can take a while before their server checks with the SCBL again to see if you are still listed. In most cases, it shouldn't take more than a couple hours (usually only minutes) to propogate the listing information, however, I have seen some ISPs set their DNS servers to cache results for several days in extreme cases.

Hello :)

Ok, because my IP address has been delisted 2 days ago, that's why I'm surprised to still be "a spammer" :(

Today I'm off, but if it's always like this on Monday, I'll contact their administrators to ask them.

Thanks a lot to everyone.

ooo = Out Of Office

You can still use Out of Office replies if you only send them to known correspondents.

Miss Betsy

...Here is how to do that:
  • English
  • French (Définition d'une règle pour envoyer une réponse automatique dans Outlook 2003)

...Users should be instructed to use the "from people or distribution list" option in "Step 1: Select conditions" to list only the specific people to whom it is safe to send Out of Office messages. In my employer's Microsoft Exchange Server, there is an "All employees" distribution list that allows us to include everyone in our company without having to list them individually.

Hello

So, if I've really understand, my ip address has been added on the server (or "anti-spam" tool) of the correspondant list as blacklisted by SpamCop, that's why when we tried to send him/her a mail, we are immediatly reject and then, recieved this message ?

<snip>

...Yes, this is one possibility. Another possibility is that the reason for the rejection is that your server is on another list but the rejection message incorrectly blames the SpamCop BL.

...Here is how to do that:

• English
  • French (Définition d'une règle pour envoyer une réponse automatique dans Outlook 2003)

...Users should be instructed to use the "from people or distribution list" option in "Step 1: Select conditions" to list only the specific people to whom it is safe to send Out of Office messages. In my employer's Microsoft Exchange Server, there is an "All employees" distribution list that allows us to include everyone in our company without having to list them individually.

Thanks a lot for the links and explanations you gave me.

The "how to send Out Of Office replies only to known correspondents" is nice to use, I'll check it and try to use it later.

...Yes, this is one possibility. Another possibility is that the reason for the rejection is that your server is on another list but the rejection message incorrectly blames the SpamCop BL.

I checked on dnsstuff site before to verify if we are blacklisted anywhere else or not, but according to them, we are not blacklisted, that's why I was surprised to still recieve thoses kind of replies.

But Thanks a lot to everyone who took time to help me.

Archived