spam.spamcop.net is not resolving in DNS

forrie

I read the news report on the 20th about problems with mail-based reporting. However, from my end it still appears to be a problem. I've performed lookups against several nameservers, including Spamcop's for spam.spamcop.net and it's empty. Therefore, the service is still broken.

I checked my spamcop page and it appears no changes have been made to the <code>[at]spam.spamcop.net address.

Anyone?

However, from my end it still appears to be a problem. I've performed lookups against several nameservers, including Spamcop's for spam.spamcop.net and it's empty. Therefore, the service is still broken.

No complaints seen over in the newsgroups. No one else complaining within this Forum. My test submittal a minute ago worked just fine.

Perhaps you are trying to "lookup" the wrong data? For example;

06/23/07 15:27:35 Slow traceroute spam.spamcop.net

Trace spam.spamcop.net failed, no such host

06/23/07 15:28:55 dns spam.spamcop.net

Mail for spam.spamcop.net is handled by vmx2.spamcop.net vmx1.spamcop.net

No data of requested type

(Host doesn't exist - try Dig for MX record)

06/23/07 15:28:01 dig spam.spamcop.net [at] 208.67.220.220

Dig spam.spamcop.net[at]208.67.220.220 ...

Non-authoritative answer

Recursive queries supported by this server

Query for spam.spamcop.net type=255 class=1

spam.spamcop.net MX (Mail Exchanger) Priority: 5 vmx1.spamcop.net

spam.spamcop.net MX (Mail Exchanger) Priority: 5 vmx2.spamcop.net

I read the news report on the 20th about problems with mail-based reporting. However, from my end it still appears to be a problem. I've performed lookups against several nameservers, including Spamcop's for spam.spamcop.net and it's empty. Therefore, the service is still broken.

I'm just back in the forums after the weekend. I use mail based reporting virtually all the time and have had no problems with the service for months.

Since there are not a lot of other folk reporting the issue I'd have to incline to the suggestion that the problem relates to something specific to your set up.

Perhaps the DNS servers that you link to are no updating correctly or perhaps your ISP's DNS servers are not up to date.

Can you tell us which DNS servers you or your ISP use?

Andrew

Archived