Missing forwarded held mail

I believe (at least the way I was interpreting it) that you should try the function when the forward destination would be to SpamCop's own server. This will eliminate SpamCop as the problem. I have tested the function and it has worked every time. It may be that whatever caused the message to be listed as possible spam is also causing your ISP to drop the message due to spam.

Sorry that I seem to have missed a reply from DavidT earlier. I have my notifications set to automatic, but I have assumed that there were no replies since I received no notifications of these posts nor the last one from Wazoo and I did not check the forum.

As I understand it my ISP is suspected of deleting mail to me that it considers to be spam. I have used Spamcop exclusively for this purpose and have no spam filtering at road runner that I am aware of, and I will be pretty pissed to find that they are deleting mail without notifying me.

However I thought the problem had gone away a week ago because I was able to Forward, Do Not Whitelist a few times, then disappearance started again.

Perhaps my notifications of new posts are also being deleted?

I will ask my ISP what they do about spam that I don't know about, but as far as I am aware, I have not missed any other email.

As I understand it my ISP is suspected of deleting mail to me that it considers to be spam. I have used Spamcop exclusively for this purpose and have no spam filtering at road runner that I am aware of, and I will be pretty pissed to find that they are deleting mail without notifying me.

Road Runner was one of the first on the list of ISP's deleting spam (incoming and outgoing) without notification.

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2782

OK. I've double checked with Road Runner.

They do NO spam filtering at any level. That is the customer's responsibility.

I have my mail forwarded to Spamcop for filtering. One email address only. Then Spamcop forwards to another email that I use only for that purpose, to receive mail from spamcop.

I also receive mail addressed directly to my spamcop address, forwarded to the above same email. (The bulk of the actual spam I get is addressed to my spamcop address, for what that is worth).

That is the same system I've used for years and seems simple enough.

This problem has started only recently and so far all I have is suggestions that my ISP is messing with my mail. I don't get it. What am I supposed to do other than look into other spam filtering options?

Nothing in the Forum e-mail error logs.

SELECT * FROM <prefix>_forum_tracker where member_id='3437'

nothing found

SELECT * FROM <prefix>_tracker where member_id='3437'

trid member_id topic_id start_date topic_track_type 
5027 3437 8486 1184615492 delayed
4984 3437 8397 1182103611 delayed
5031 3437 8489 1184673784 delayed

Per data provided at SECTION 4 - My Controls & Forum Settings of the Forum FAQ, I suggest you change the Subscription activity to "Immediate" ....

I see that you and I have gone round and round on this subject many times in the past. http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...ost&p=54898 even includes a bit where I 'adjusted' your account, 'proved' that it all worked .... yet, here we are once again, right back at square one ....????

PM sent to once again notify that there is an answer to this issue.

I don't recall ever receiving a reply to this. within the Topic, by PM, e-mail, .....

I have my notifications set to automatic, but I have assumed that there were no replies since I received no notifications of these posts nor the last one from Wazoo and I did not check the forum.

"Automatic" ...????? What about "Immediate" ..?????

Perhaps my notifications of new posts are also being deleted?

and here we are, yet again .....

SELECT * FROM &lt;prefix&gt;_tracker where member_id='3437'
trid member_id topic_id start_date last_sent topic_track_type 
5027 3437 8486 1184615492 0 delayed 
5031 3437 8489 1184673784 0 delayed 

List has shortened up a bit, assumedly due to the 60 days with no traffic setting, but still showing as "delayed" ...... not "immediate" as repeatedly suggested.

please note ... if you look at any of your previous posts, probably 99% of all other Topics within this entire Forum, you will note that replies to questions asked are answered the same day, typically within the hour .. your last post in this Topic had a reply within 20 minutes, for instance. It's a bit hard to guess why you choose to wait a few weeks between visits to see if there have been any answers posted. That you won't check, change, adjust your subscription settings is something I can't help you with. Did it once, proved it worked, posted all about that repeatedly, and yet .....

Query sent upstream for some possible input on this, though I don't believe there's been enough specific data for them to guess where to look in the server/application logs for anything related to "mail gone missing" .... have to wait and see what they say ...

I'm baaaack.

I appreciate the relies earlier, and while I may mess around with the overall configuration eventually, this one has worked for years and I don't lightly change what I don't have to.

There might be an assumption here that that was a solution to the missing "forward - do not whitelist sender" email from held mail. This function stopped working for me relatively recently (but "forward - whitelist" does work) and I still have no idea why and would like to have it working again.

If this forum is not the place to get that answer, please advise who I can contact at spamcop.

Please just send an email to support[at]spamcop.net

One thing to do is login to webmail at http://webmail.spamcop.net and click Held Mail at the top.

OK, in here there are a couple things you can do:

• Do you see the emails you tried to forward earlier? If you can, that's a clue.
  • You can also release messages here. (It is called Release here, not Forward). Try to release one of these messages or any spam just to test and see what happens.

Finally, if you hit Forward using the old web page, make a note of exactly what time and date you did this. If you don't receive it in a few minutes, email the address above with this information, including your time zone, and we can look in logs to figure out what is going on.

JT

• 4 weeks later...

Problem solved. Thank you for all those who offered suggestions.

In the end it was a problem with my ISP, as suggested even though the ISP (Road Runner) was initially adamant that they didn't filter anything by themselves.

It turns out that there is an option, accessed under their webmail system that I have seldom used, where one can select automatic spam filtering.

Somehow they turned it on a few months ago. I know I never did as I haven't accessed that since I was out of the country several years ago.

Anyway, I finally got advice to check it. Turned the filter off and now forwarded email from spamcop does get through, even if it is spam.

Problem solved. Thank you for all those who offered suggestions.

In the end it was a problem with my ISP, as suggested even though the ISP (Road Runner) was initially adamant that they didn't filter anything by themselves.

It turns out that there is an option, accessed under their webmail system that I have seldom used, where one can select automatic spam filtering.

Somehow they turned it on a few months ago. I know I never did as I haven't accessed that since I was out of the country several years ago.

Anyway, I finally got advice to check it. Turned the filter off and now forwarded email from spamcop does get through, even if it is spam.

Thank you for this information. Can you document where to go to change that setting? I don't have a RR account to document it.

Archived