accidental MASSIVE quick report

Tommy

I just accidentally clicked the "select all" checkbox in webmail (instead of the top item in the mailbox as I intended) and clicked the "report as spam" button. Of course the browser was churning away already when I noticed they were all checked.

80 MESSAGES

DRAT DRAT!

I immediately sent a message to deputies[at]spamcop.net (and then to deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net because I saw that address elsewhere).

Is there anything else I can do except wait for the quick report reports to come back and compose individual apologies? This will probably involve many hundreds of reports, if past experience is any guide.

Doh! No, I think reporting it immediately to the deputies is about the best you can do. That is definitely one of the downsides to quick reporting, is no chance to intercept it. I use OLSpamcop to quick report my mail from outlook, and acidentally reported a batch that shouldn't have been one day. After that, I configured it to always ask for confirmation before sending.

SADLY, it DOES ask for confirmation, but you know how it is. I report hundreds of spams a day from my HELD MAIL folder but my brain was elsewhere I guess.

FORTUNATELY the quick reports are coming back I just realized there were only a few messages in my inbox that were less than two days old, so I have many fewer folks to apologize to than I feared. :)

I have many fewer folks to apologize to than I feared. :)

I finished my apologies, and sending a note to deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net with the list of bad reports. Fortunately it was only a total of 25 bad ones.

INTERESTINGLY (and unfortunately more difficult for me), even though my "bad" reports were issued all at once, they were dispersed fairly evenly throughout all of my quick reports, and apparently not processed in the order submitted.

Archived