[Resolved] Problem sending email from webmail

I am suddenly finding that emails sent using webmail are not being delivered. I have tried sending tests to three different addresses in different ISPs but none has arrived, although one sent from Spamcop to Spamcop did arrive. Is there a problem?

I am suddenly finding that emails sent using webmail are not being delivered. I have tried sending tests to three different addresses in different ISPs but none has arrived, although one sent from Spamcop to Spamcop did arrive. Is there a problem?

It would appear that the problem is not a general one since I'm not having this issue. Perhaps the destination you're writing to has chosen to block the SpamCop mail server or perhaps the problem did exist but no longer does :-)

Andrew

It would appear that the problem is not a general one since I'm not having this issue. Perhaps the destination you're writing to has chosen to block the SpamCop mail server or perhaps the problem did exist but no longer does :-)

Thanks Andrew... I've sent to three addresses, Yahoo, Plusnet and ntlworld. None has arrived and I've tried sending several test emails over the last seven hours, including recently.

Thanks Andrew... I've sent to three addresses, Yahoo, Plusnet and ntlworld. None has arrived and I've tried sending several test emails over the last seven hours, including recently.

But you don't say you've actually tried to troubleshoot anything. The most basic thing to try, send an e-mail to one of those 'failure' points, but include a CC: to a place that 'works' .... That gives you a clue as to whether things are working at all, plus it gives you header data to work with when talking to the folks that run the 'failure' servers ... date/time-stamps, message-ID, etc.

Well, I juswt sent a message to my Yahoo email account and it arrived in seconds. http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1384631756ze...cc72b7e10d6ea4z

I however, do not use any of the spam filtering on that account. Have you checked the Bulk folder?

Well, I juswt sent a message to my Yahoo email account and it arrived in seconds. http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1384631756ze...cc72b7e10d6ea4z

I however, do not use any of the spam filtering on that account. Have you checked the Bulk folder?

Well, thanks everyone. I can't explain why, but all the missing emails arrived overnight after about a 12 hour delay!! The headers don't show anything out of order.. just seems as though the SC webmail function wasn't picking them up for some reason on the return path.

Well, thanks everyone. I can't explain why, but all the missing emails arrived overnight after about a 12 hour delay!! The headers don't show anything out of order.. just seems as though the SC webmail function wasn't picking them up for some reason on the return path.

If you're really curious you could look at the headers and see where the delay occurred. But, on the other hand, if everything is working it might be more fun to enjoy a cold beer :)

Andrew

Archived