Yahoo Spam

cgboat

SpamCop will will no longer process my Yahoo spam. I use full headers with copy/paste as I have been doing for several years. However, SpamCop returns error notes about cannot find ISP in the spam submitted.

Anybody experiencing this problem?

Tracking URL?

Is this in the correct Forum section? You posted into SpamCop Discussion > Discussions & Observations > SpamCop Email System & Accounts but you don't seem to be asking abount a SpamCop.net e-mail account issue ....

...Anybody experiencing this problem?
While waiting to see if there are any "me too"s you might care to contribute a Tracking URL which might make the detail of the problem a little more apparent. Understood that your reporting has worked for years and now isn't but how, exactly, are you submitting your spam for processing?

While waiting to see if there are any "me too"s you might care to contribute a Tracking URL which might make the detail of the problem a little more apparent. Understood that your reporting has worked for years and now isn't but how, exactly, are you submitting your spam for processing?

SpamCop will will no longer process my Yahoo spam. I use full headers with copy/paste as I have been doing for several years. However, SpamCop returns error notes about cannot find ISP in the spam submitted.

Anybody experiencing this problem?

My Yahoo email is collected using the mailgate process spamcop provides and has been processing with no problems.

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1390618892zf...b6b1a1da61974cz

Thanks for the prompt reply to my question.

I posted in this group to see if any other SpamCop/Yahoo mail users were experiencing a problem with SpamCop accepting Yahoo mail spam reports. I'm a paid member of SpamCop and have successfully copy/paste spam from my Yahoo mail to SpamCop. However, my recent submissions were not processed because SpamCop indicated no ISP found in the messages. I expand the headers and copy/paste as I've done in the past. I don't have this problem when I submit spam from Outlook Express.

Next time I copy/paste Yahoo spam can post SpamCop's complete message here if this will help.

From The Newest from Low Rate Place Sun Aug 12 18:11:00 2007

X-Apparently-To: xxxx[at]yahoo.com via 66.196.101.46; Sun, 12 Aug 2007 18:16:29 -0700

X-YahooFilteredBulk: 64.129.33.185

X-Originating-IP: [64.129.33.185]

Return-Path: <thenewestfromlowrateplace[at]happyzooburgos.com>

Authentication-Results: mta502.mail.mud.yahoo.com from=happyzooburgos.com; domainkeys=pass (ok)

Received: from 64.129.33.185 (EHLO happyzooburgos.com) (64.129.33.185) by mta502.mail.mud.yahoo.com with SMTP; Sun, 12 Aug 2007 18:16:29 -0700

DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; q=dns; s=k1; d=happyzooburgos.com; b=ZH2FNqQZEiSZ5o8konhyW4hy4QKnBN6ai4zre1KN6fCEsEqlkytYKN2pA7tYgP3w8Z2++SOpJoR8 xvQcTmVgVvjlhn+VURY8wCXHJFJk4OLmdYU9OOKoruweaQiOirZXWJ7sas7tTUg5ZlXeBI5ZNokQ +FIoh0vICR7OhUcra3I=;

Received: by happyzooburgos.com id hnuoau0c3dsa for <xxxx[at]yahoo.com>; Sun, 12 Aug 2007 21:11:00 -0400 (envelope-from <TheNewestfromLowRatePlace[at]happyzooburgos.com>)

From: "The Newest from Low Rate Place" <TheNewestfromLowRatePlace[at]happyzooburgos.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by happyzooburgos.com. Learn more

To: xxxx[at]yahoo.com

Subject: Looking for an honest lender?

Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 01:11:00 GMT

Message-ID: <DE61263F6B9F4576B3D163E91E3E8C8E889456[at]happyzooburgos.com>

X-BBounce: L671325-jTlFGuQgYqLLo7VNIY3LhHcFSG2U7k2XaYB9Ge477A9rcoisiklmWZiYKoWjg1qOrrZCT4DIdObQOml1lJp6_pUrWjV_pxw9UclnOakJUEGsQ

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Content-Length: 1840

-----------------------------------------------------------------

SpamCop v 640 Copyright © 1998-2006, IronPort Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.

No blank line delineating headers from body - abort

Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1391959632zf...0a543c85da91d2z

No source IP address found, cannot proceed.

Add/edit your mailhost configuration

Finding full email headers

Submitting spam via email (may work better)

Example: What spam headers should look like

No body text provided, check format of submission. spam must have body text

While waiting to see if there are any "me too"s you might care to contribute a Tracking URL which might make the detail of the problem a little more apparent. ...
(sigh) We don't need the spam posted here when you provide the tracking URL. Thanks for including the tracking URL anyway. Since there is no gratuitous spamvertizing, no harm done except for some wasted electrons (not so much wasted as pushed around unnecessarily, but I digress). The main problem seems to be that the actual body of the spam is not being passed on to the SC parser. Which means it doesn't know whether it has all the headers. So it questions whether you have provided the complete message and aborts. The message "No source IP address found" doesn't mean exactly what it says - what it means exactly is the parser cannot tell whether the IP addresses seen include the source.

Here is a parse from your linked example without mailhosts: http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1392181619z0...bd78be803dbd05z

All I did to get that was add a "body" (a note saying there was no body) and fix a slightly mangled line. You say you don't have a problem using Outlook Express? Can't you POP them all and email them all for submission through OE?

You do have a problem lately when you copy and paste (into the web-based submission page, presumably). So how are you getting the headers from Yahoo? Exactly how - direct from the web-mail page, or what? How are you trying to get the message body to go with the header? Where, how do you see the body and how come this is not pasted in? You need the message body.

Something has changed if they are all like the one you show with your link. You say it is not something you did. It is certainly not something SC did - it has always required a message body. That maybe narrows down the possibilities.

The "slightly mangled" line I mentioned was "Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by happyzooburgos.com. Learn more ". Since that is not a header line it cannot start at the left-hand margin. But it could be a comment within the preceding header and I indented it to make it act like that is the case. Actually, it looks totally spurious to me - something that has been picked up from outside of the actual message (like the webpage).

No blank line delineating headers from body - abort

Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1391959632zf...0a543c85da91d2z

No body text provided, check format of submission. spam must have body text

Ok, at the risk of sounding like a master of the obvious, did you make sure the spam in question had body text? Also, how are you submitting the spam?

Copying and pasting headers from Webmail programs (because they don't allow forwarding spam as attachments) is a pain. If you want an efficient way to submit large numbers of spam from Yahoo, you might find this tool useful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreePOPs - For some reason, the web site is down right now (at least the DNS doesn't resolve in my neck of the Internet). I know you can use it for Google to download only emails in the spam folder. I have seen some references to how to download from only the Bulk folder on Yahoo, by specifying this field in the POP username:

username[at]yahoo.com?folder=Bulk

But I have never tried it with Yahoo...

At this piont, I still don't see the direct connection to a SpamCop.net e-mail account issue. All I've really seen for sure is a Reporting issue, so with this post, moving this to the Reporting Help forum section. There is a FAQ entry or two in reporting from a Yahoo account (primarily a U.S. Yahoo account, as most of the rest of the world's Yahoo accounts still alllow for [free] POP access) ...

I can see this thread is becoming ping-pong and I apologize for all the discomfort caused here by inquiring the users instead of management. In addition, I thought I explained how I copy/paste from Yahoo to SpamCop.

I can say thank you all that replied and felt my pain. However, at this point the possible cure is less tolerable than the pain as I receive few spams via Yahoo.

Please delete all my comments and close this thread. My two finger typing is not symmetrical to so much keyboard input.

Have a great week and stay safe.

<snip>

Have a great week and stay safe.

Sorry that your two finger typing can't keep up. Everybody who responded really wanted to help and nobody had any discomfort in doing so.

However, sometimes it is a pain to have to learn new things and not worth the effort.

Have a great week and stay safe, yourself.

Miss Betsy

Archived