Spam Hosting Companies Contacting Me About SPAM COP Reports

partytildawn

In the last 48 hours, I've been receiving responses to me directly from companies hosting sites that spam emails are directing recipients to visit, and I have been receiving emails from companies who processed the emails themselves.

Is it normal for me to be receiving these reports directly from the companies hosting the spam sites? I know that they are responding to spam COP reports because the subject line is indicating that the original email came from spam COP.

In the last 48 hours, I've been receiving responses to me directly from companies .....

Directly? The way things normally work, a report goes out. If the recipient wants to talk to the reporter, that 'Reply' would be sent to the Report-ID number, which the SpamCop.net reporting system would then connect back to your Reporting account and then Forward this e-mail to you.

Is it normal for me to be receiving these reports directly from the companies hosting the spam sites? I know that they are responding to spam COP reports because the subject line is indicating that the original email came from spam COP.

The first thought . check your Preferences. The odds are that you are receiving auto-acks, basically progranned replies to any and all e-mail received at some of those addresses. There is a setting that says something like "only Human responses" ..

Is it normal for me to be receiving these reports directly from the companies hosting the spam sites? I know that they are responding to spam COP [sic] reports because the subject line is indicating that the original email came from spam COP [sic] .
The first thought . check your Preferences. The odds are that you are receiving auto-acks, basically progranned replies to any and all e-mail received at some of those addresses. There is a setting that says something like "only Human responses" ..
...While you are there, also check the setting of option "spam Munging." If it is set to "Leave spam copies intact," then your e-mail address is going to the abuse addresses to which SpamCop is sending reports on your behalf.

Archived