Anyone using the new Windows Live Hotmail?

axxx007

If so....can you offer any help on how to submit spam to spamcop? It sure would be appreciated.

I have been using hotmail since 1995....before Microsoft got ahold of it and is now totally ruining the whole thing. It is pretty easy to submit spam using the old hotmail by copying the entire email source which shows complete headers as well as the body.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to see the headers in the new system...which means I cannot submit the spam, at least in that manner.

Any suggestions or help? Thanks in advance.

I found the answer to my own question (no thanks to the people that answer Microsoft email for support on hotmail.)

There are two versions of the new Windows Live Hotmail, a Classic version and a Full version. If you are using the Classic version and try to view the source of an email, all you will get is the source of the email body.

You have to actually be using the Full version of Windows Live Hotmail. Then, from the inbox you right click on any email and choose 'view source' from the menu offered. This will show you the entire source - full headers and all. A nice feature with this is that you can do this without actually opening the email.

There are two versions of the new Windows Live Hotmail, a Classic version and a Full version. If you are using the Classic version and try to view the source of an email, all you will get is the source of the email body.

Thanks for that. I have continued to stay as far away from the Live stuff as best I can. Yet ..... with my main development system fried, I had been trying to bring an XP system up to something close. One of the items I couldn't get to work was the OE connection to several HotMail accounts .. just flat out would not make a successful connection. Forced to visit the web-page, yeah, several optrions seen, but again, I was simply looking for the "plain old stuff" such that OE would continue doing it's thing.

However, a 98SE laptop was still accessing someone else's account just fine. I moved one of my acount's data over to that laptop and danged if it didn't spend a long, long time bringing down all the e-mail that had collected over these many months .... lost quite a bit opf tiome trying to 'fis' an XP install to make it work, but have given up ....

That's as close to "Live" as I've gotten. I was hoping someone else would have "been there" .....

I did have a few minutes playing aroubnd on someone's Vista laptop .. spent that taking a look at "One Mail"(that doesn't look right, but ...Windows Mail perhaps ???) .. trying to see what needed to be added to the FAQ here for things like "how to get full headers" and such ... but all I seemed to see was a bit of "pretty" added to the GUI, a few 'other functions' added ... all the (basic) functions, storage, manipulations seemed to pretty much match OE .... but wasn't comfortable with making FAQ changed/entries on my minutes-long analysis ... yet, no one else has stepped forward with anything on this either

..I was simply looking for the "plain old stuff" such that OE would continue doing it's thing. ...However, a 98SE laptop was still accessing someone else's account just fine. I moved one of my acount's data over to that laptop and danged if it didn't spend a long, long time bringing down all the e-mail that had collected over these many months .... lost quite a bit opf tiome trying to 'fis' an XP install to make it work, but have given up ....

I think that the problem is that 'new' Hotmail accounts cannot be popped to OE. They changed their policy about a year ago (or longer or shorter - I don't really remember). However, accounts that were already popped were 'grandfathered' and can still be accessed via OE.

I just changed email addresses and it took them a long time and a lot of downloading everything and once they downloaded the messages to another hotmail address and also to the correct address (I have 3 that are popped), and wanted to know passwords every time I opened OE but it seems to work now. Occasionally, for no discernible reason they will do that 'downloading every message' bit.

Miss Betsy

I think that the problem is that 'new' Hotmail accounts cannot be popped to OE. They changed their policy about a year ago (or longer or shorter - I don't really remember). However, accounts that were already popped were 'grandfathered' and can still be accessed via OE.

I'm talking 'grandfathered' accounts ... the only difference being trying to use them under Win-XP .... as I said, the accounts work just fine under Win-98 (the OE access, sucky web-page access works fine under either OS)

I'm talking 'grandfathered' accounts ... the only difference being trying to use them under Win-XP .... as I said, the accounts work just fine under Win-98 (the OE access, sucky web-page access works fine under either OS)
Outlook Connector 2007 maybe? Mentioned (sycophantically) at http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winlive_hotmail_02.asp.

<rant>Dunno, don't use it, still sulking over half (or more) of the net being closed to Netscape 4.79 and my IBM Win95. Not that it really matters, attglobal won't let me connect anymore, must have changed the dial-up numbers or something. That's okay too, no firewall on that setup, wouldn't take it out for a walk these days anyway and I only get spam through the mailbox on that account, forwarded to another account where I can access it. Except the provider for that one (presently) won't let me report anything tagged as spam and very little of the spam that isn't tagged. It's not easy.</rant> :D

Outlook Connector 2007 maybe? Mentioned (sycophantically) at http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winlive_hotmail_02.asp.

to echo the rant offered a bit .... OE access to those ancient HotMail accounts worked/works just fine under 98 .... Although, in theory both systems in question are running OE6, there are several differences between that application under 98 and under XP ... the most obvious, OE direct access to those accounts will not fly (for me yet) It hasn't been a great enough issue for me to jump in and try to wade though the Microsoft newsgroups (and as usual, there are several possibilities, and based on that users seem to have a problem figuring out the differences, they all have to be looked at to see of there if there's any specific dialog on this issue ....

The 'review' isn't really a lot of help ... Office-97/Outlook-98 were on the fried system .... some version of works installed on some of the XP systems floating around here ..... I do have an unopened copy of Office-2000 someone gave me for some previous work .... but installing that on a fully patched, up-to-date XP install seems rather stupid .... the reviewer seems to be satisfied with dealing with the advertising encrusted environment while handle his e-mail. I don't share that sentiment. One of the things that simply knocks me out .. why do so many of the banners splashed all over the screen in these things seem to match up with the same subject matter as so much of the spam that's collected in the unsolicited e-mail?????

I have XP (home version) - I didn't move my files from the old computer to this computer myself so I don't know how ornery it was to get them to work.

However, XP kept changing my passwords for the dial up as well as the problem of the password box which kept popping up when I changed to DSL so maybe retyping the passwords would make it work? Of course, perhaps you have tried that already.

Miss Betsy

Archived