Webmail "release" / "release & whitelist" not working?

kfasold

Tried to release or release & whitelist several emails from my held mail this evening.

The "x messages released", etc. shows up, but the messages remain in held mail & aren't moved to the inbox. In addition, the address isn't added to the whitelist.

Also posted via the "problems" link in webmail.

kf

I have my beta webmail setup to go straight to Held Mail when I open it. The last two visits have seen a mixture of spam and legit mail. I check the spam and click "Report as spam" and they vanish into the trash as they should. If I check the legit items and select Release and whitelist, the page just flicks and they are still there. I then have to physically move them to the Inbox, so that my Windows Mail can pop them.

This only started happening this morning.

The only thing that is different from the last time I released mail from the SC webmail interface is that I now have the Greylist turned on. It has also caught a few legitimate emails but those were released successfully.

If I go to SC via http://mailsc.spamcop.net/reportheld?action=heldlog and find legit mail, it releases from that interface OK.

Also reported using the problem reporting button.

Moderator Edit: This was posted into the Reporting Help Forum section. There are existing Topics/Discussion on this same subject already existing in the E-mail System & Accounts Forum section ..... this Topic will be moved with this post ... later to be merged into tone of those existing Topics.

Expeditiously replied to:

Peter,

The "Release and Whitelist" function is not compatible with the upgraded

software we installed on the Webmail system yesterday. It should be

fixed within a day or two. Until then, you'll have to manually move

messages.

Thanks,

Trevor Bentley

Yes, seems to be working for me as well. :)

[scmail] Mail getting stuck in Held Mail folder Borgholio

Sun Sep 30 01:12:31 EDT 2007

> As far as 'matching' some things up quickly, there's a Topic titled;

> Webmail "release" / "release & whitelist" not working?

> http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8766

>

> However, looking at other Subjects/Titles in the E-mail System &

> Accounts Forum section, there are numerous "problems" going on right

> now.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye on that topic, as it's exactly the problem I had earlier today.

Release and Whitelist still not working. Report as spam works fine. When dragging mail out of Held Mail via IMAP, it can take several hours for the webmail interface to show that the mail is gone.

I can't comment on the timing issue,, but it would appear that the Release and Whitelist issue is not universal. I can certainly use the Release/Release and Whitelist options and they work correctly.

You may need to post fuller details of your configuration or, more likely, drop a note via the Problem button in Webmail so that trevorb or JT can take a look at your account.

Andrew

I can't comment on the timing issue,, but it would appear that the Release and Whitelist issue is not universal. I can certainly use the Release/Release and Whitelist options and they work correctly.

You may need to post fuller details of your configuration or, more likely, drop a note via the Problem button in Webmail so that trevorb or JT can take a look at your account.

What details would you need? I wasn't aware that "Release and Whitelist" had any specific settings that could be altered. I've already dropped a note via the Problem button.

Archived