the new hotmail

ferarri430

I appreciate the new hotmail is a development from the old one but it bugs me - it treats good emails as if they are spam and despite clicking mark as safe keeps going back.

Also I just don't like the layout.

When I put questions on feedback they just get ignored - OK they may be busy but don't have feedback if it doesn't work.

Can I get back to the old version?

Does hotmail have redeeming features or do I just give up and shift to gmail or something else?

First...why in the world did you post this into the "How to use .... Instructions, Tutorials > SpamCop Reporting" forum? It's totally off topic, and a moderator will be along shortly to move this somewhere else.

Second...I've administered many email listserves over the years and have had a LOT of random delivery problems with Hotmail. It's one of the most unrealiable services out there, so find another account if you want to reliably receive your messages.

DT

...And the rest of your reply was pointless. If you have nothing useful to say try saying nothing!
??
...Does hotmail have redeeming features or do I just give up and shift to gmail or something else?
Second...I've administered many email listserves over the years and have had a LOT of random delivery problems with Hotmail. It's one of the most unrealiable services out there, so find another account if you want to reliably receive your messages.
Direct answer to a question, what is your problem? Lose the attitude or go elsewhere.

It is almost impossible to influence hotmail for anything, even legitimate complaints (not quite, because I did it once).

The reason that moderators move posts is so that they will be visible to those who might respond. Only those people who are interested in learning about spamcop would see your post where you posted it.

The advice you have been given is that if you don't like hotmail, then get another free account somewhere else. I doubt very much that any free account will appeal to you, but unless you know what to look for, you will probably be just as disappointed in paid accounts.

Some people buy cars because they like the color or because they want to be like the person who drives it in the commercial. Other people buy cars because they know what kind of advantages and disadvantages the car has.

Email is no different.

Miss Betsy

Old news now, but http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/01/ho..._friendly_fire/ paints a bleak picture. More recently in grc.spam (a Gibson Research NG) a poster noted in relation to previously trouble-free service

I stumbled across the fact that the current Windows Live Hotmail system now refuses to accept any emails from my Freeserve account.
A respondent to that noted/alleged
... If one has a distribution list that contains more than 10 Hotmail addresses, the first 10 will get through, the rest are dropped with no DSN.

MS (in their Hotmail guise) yet again show they haven't a clue. :(

Frankly, anyone using Hotmail should ask themselves why they use such a brain-dead system that will allow spam through but deliberately block legitimate email for 'plucked out of the air' reasons. ...

Every service has its critics, Hotmail more than most - which, at several levels, reflects its very large user base1. At the end of the day, if one service sends and receives "goodmail" and another does not, the reasons don't/shouldn't matter ... basic functionality matters.

1Because of which Hotmail tends to confront issues of working around/through the spam torrent sooner than most. Because of which Hotmail generates more comment than most.

Adding to the gripes, I suppose .... have a woman feeding me information to go onto her web-site ... using that damnable HotMail Live crap ..... I've been begging her to somehow change it to only send me plain-text only, drop the extra crap like the hot-linking of words, etc. Trying to re-format everything to fix the added spaces, the hosed up puncuation characters, various other spacing issues, but ....???? Apparently, these settings aren't readily available (or even offered???)

...Apparently, these settings aren't readily available (or even offered???)
I would say not - there could be other options hidden away but the apparent control settings seem to be a sparse suite:

You're using the full version of Windows Live Hotmail

Manage your account

• View and edit your personal information
  • Send and receive mail from other e-mail accounts
  • Forward mail to another e-mail account
  • Send automated vacation replies

Junk e-mail

• Filters and reporting
  • Safe and blocked senders

Customize your mail

• Select language
  • Reading pane settings
  • Personal e-mail signature
  • Save sent messages
  • Automatically sort e-mail into folders
  • Reply-to address
  • Mobile alerts for new messages
  • Today page settings

Customize your contacts

• Clean up duplicate contacts
  • Sort your contact list
  • Import contacts
  • Export contacts

Can't you get her to attach a text file? That seems to work well enough.

Mail-New-Attach (find file & select, add address & subject, any body text)-Send

[Added - oh and if her security settings bar that, searching the Hotmail help topics provides detailed instructions on how to enable it]

I just did a search for Hotmail in the forums because of problems I've been having and found this thread.

New Hotmail is already acting up using Safari so I have been a little annoyed at it.

I had previously turned the spam blocking feature to minimum (or whatever they call it) since list responses I wanted to receive never showed up. Some sites now aren't even allowing Hotmail addresses to sign up.

Now, the feature that allowed me to view the email source of spam and thereby report it, is gone so I am now migrating whatever list emails I get at that addy to another NON-hotmail address.

This thread helped me come to this decision that hotmail is no dang good and I'll be better off when I have migrated from it. I'll still use the addy for MSN messenger but that's it. You'll be better off with a different email site. ;)

You'll be better off with a different email site. ;)

That's about where I'm at ... not going to accept any HotMail stuff .... PITA to read (if I'm not on a system set to "read as Plain-text only") .... PITA to Reply to as the 'quote' stuff isn't there ... on and on .. tired of trying to deal with it (from the receiving end)

Archived