[Resolved] Who is pzdeb?

Wazoo

Brought here from a PM

Didn't want to open up any bag of worms after searching the term "third party", but all of a sudden today, all spam I have sent to SpamCop is coming back with something like this:

Re: 75.35.32.124 (Third party interested in email source)

To: pzdeb[at]ironport.com (Notes)

and/or

Re: http://ewtwookneztnoodle.com/ (Third party interested in spamvertized web site)

To: pzdeb[at]ironport.com (Notes)

The tracking id for this one is:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1523443638z2...f8dc50591fcf5bz

Who is pzdeb[at]ironport.com? I do have 3rd party report default/Send by default checked, but I haven't seen this prior to today.

Question was also asked over in the newsgroups. There has been no 'official' response.

Best guess .... a new IronPort employee made a bit of a small mistake .... apparently wanted to get some data, but didn't quite understand the ramifications of the way the data was entered. Example data provided by Mike Easter over in the newsgroups while looking at someone else's Tracking URL;

Reports routes for 124.42.76.25:

routeid:32271718 0.0.0.0 - 255.255.255.255 to:pzdeb[at]ironport.com

Third party interested in all reports

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 4:35:27 AM -0800

[Note added by 63.251.108.103 (no name)]

Route added without comment

Bottom line: 'everything' / 'all parsing results' were including this interested-third-party address as a target recipient. No doubt, that InBox was stuffed in no time <g>

It would appear that the 'mistake' has been 'fixed' as the spam I just submitted no longer includes this 'interested third-prty' .....

Reports routes for 124.42.76.25:

routeid:32271718 0.0.0.0 - 255.255.255.255 to:pzdeb[at]ironport.com

Third party interested in all reports

Wazoo hit the nail on the head.

Mr. Zdeb works for us and in a fit of engineering zeal, cleverly set himself up to get reports on every IP in the world, or something along that line. He has since fixed that, so you shouldn't be seeing his name any longer.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

Archived