[Resolved] Please create me a filter

Everyday I get about 50 of these...

近所ã®å…¬è¡†è‚‰ä¾¿å™¨ã‚ªãƒã‚µãƒ³ã ã‹ã‚‰èª°ã¨ã§ もスグ生中出ã—OKã§ã™ã€‚(subject)

I have tried all ways to filter it and it still gets to my held mailbox. I have singled out some of thise characters to no avail. I use spamcop as my email and check online. Assasin is set to 3 and all blacklists are selected. I made a filter to catch the "December 70%" nightmare and it works. I made a special test folder and it all goes there. I need one for this stuff too. Once it works I will change to delete.

Thanx in advance

Here is header info:

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-2022-jp"

Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 08:28:11 +0900 [12/27/2007 03:28:11 PM PST]

Delivered-To: spamcop-net-xxx[at]spamcop.net

From: jhy907659[at]yeah.netAdd jhy907659[at]yeah.net to my Address Book

MIME-Version: 1.0

Message-ID: <a62bdfe8e8a74e077b77bc0f4a026997[at]localhost.localdomain>

Received:

* (qmail 14243 invoked from network); 27 Dec 2007 23:48:05 -0000

* from unknown (192.168.1.108) by filter8.cesmail.net with QMQP; 27 Dec 2007 23:48:05 -0000

* from unknown (HELO SPK25.localdomain) (218.51.58.61) by mx71.cesmail.net with SMTP; 27 Dec 2007 23:48:05 -0000

* by SPK25.localdomain (Postfix, from userid 48) id 39D395BC7EA; Fri, 28 Dec 2007 08:28:11 +0900 (KST)

Return-Path: <jhy907659[at]yeah.net>

Subject: 近所ã®å…¬è¡†è‚‰ä¾¿å™¨ã‚ªãƒã‚µãƒ³ã ã‹ã‚‰èª°ã¨ã§ もスグ生中出ã—OKã§ã™ã€‚

To: xxx[at]spamcop.netAdd xxx[at]spamcop.net to my Address Book

X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138

X-Priority: 3

X-spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.2.3 (2007-08-08) on filter8

X-spam-Level: *********************

X-spam-Status: hits=21.7 tests=FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK,RDNS_NONE,TVD_SPACE_RATIO, URIBL_AB_SURBL,URIBL_BLACK,URIBL_JP_SURBL,URIBL_OB_SURBL,URIBL_SC_SURBL, URIBL_WS_SURBL,URI_HEX version=3.2.3

X-SpamCop-Checked:

X-SpamCop-Disposition: Blocked SpamAssassin=21

I have tried all ways to filter it and it still gets to my held mailbox.

The held folder is where you'd expect spam to end up. That's what allows it to be reported easily so you could simply allow it to be handled as you would any other held spam.

That said, if its getting to your held mail and bypassing filters then that means it is being caught by your SpamAssassin and RBL settings. The mail filters only kick in when you access your webmail and by that point the messages are already in your held mail folder.

If, for some reason, you want to delete these messages from the held mail and not process them as spam then you would need to open the held mail folder and then apply the filter to that folder.

But it would be easier simply to let the reporting process do its stuff.

Andrew

Thanx for the reply. Seems to make some sense. I did not know that the filters were last in line, I thought they would be first. But I do have a filter for the "December 70%" spam that gets filtered to my test folder, so it is getting by all of the previous guards like Assasin etc. I will try the held mail apllication of the filters as you suggested. It seems the reporting is futile. I report those everyday and guess what, everyday I get more of them. Sometimes I just delete then so I don't get the verification email that I also have to delete. Wish there was an option to turn that part off.

Thanx again

Sometimes I just delete then so I don't get the verification email that I also have to delete. Wish there was an option to turn that part off.

This should do the trick: From the Reporting page: Preferences tab, Report Handling Options, Quick Data Reports, Disable quick data reports

It seems the reporting is futile. I report those everyday and guess what, everyday I get more of them.

<_<

I guess futility is in the eye of the beholder. The fact that these messages are reaching your held mail means that the system is doing what it is intended to do. So, when you have time, I hope you will continue to report.

Thanks for reporting back.

Andrew

I guess futility is in the eye of the beholder. The fact that these messages are reaching your held mail means that the system is doing what it is intended to do. So, when you have time, I hope you will continue to report.

Yes, I still report. And yes, by getting to the held mail, it is getting marked. What I want is to never see it anywhere I tried putting those characters in the filter, but it changes to a ? after a few days. 4 years ago I was getting over 1200 spams per day with many getting through. Now I get less than 50 with maybe 1 getting through. I am a very satisfied customer.

Archived