Held mail not showing up

I just logged into webmail to report spam, and when I went to pull up my "held" folder, it said there were no messages. I again went into the "inbox" and also verified that there *was* held mail and marked it all as "unread"(VNC-ed into my machine at home, viewing my SpamCop folders via IMAP.) I went back to the webmail screen and pulled up the "held mail" folder and voila! I had held mail show up. I don't know if this is the same problem as we've seen where the system takes a minute or two to empty the trash when you log in or what, but I thought I'd see if anyone else had this problem as I haven't seen it before.

I know I've seen others make some similar comments, but ... doesn't it make you feel lonely when no one chimes in directly? <g> The only guess I'll hazard is the one dealing wih that there are multiple servers, and not all of them physically co-located, so you're seeing some issues of the various handshaking and updating between those servers ..?? maybe come up with a different sequence in your check mail, handle spam sequence?

I also find the same problem but am able to work around it.

I use IMAP to view my held mail (I hate the "held mail" format) and delete and/or move mail that I do not want to report as spam. When I open the held mail screen it indicates that there are no messages, then I click on refresh and the messages are displayed.

I just logged into webmail to report spam, and when I went to pull up my "held" folder, it said there were no messages. I again went into the "inbox" and also verified that there *was* held mail and marked it all as "unread"(VNC-ed into my machine at home, viewing my SpamCop folders via IMAP.) I went back to the webmail screen and pulled up the "held mail" folder and voila! I had held mail show up. I don't know if this is the same problem as we've seen where the system takes a minute or two to empty the trash when you log in or what, but I thought I'd see if anyone else had this problem as I haven't seen it before.

How many messages? If there are too many, the system can eventually time out. Unfortunately, what it displays then is that the mailbox is empty.

JT

Archived