[Resolved] Quick Reporting results in dozens of separate email reports

Ex_Brit

I reported it to the Deputies and to Support (at) spamcop.net as well.

The support address goes to JT, the owner / maintainer of the e-mail system. He has nothing to do with the Parsing & Reporting system.

Is there a list somewhere that outlines exactly the correct support email addresses?

For instance deputies as against service as against support[at]spamcop.net

To a general user like myself, spamcop is spamcop pure and simple. My title on this board doesn't mean I know how the inner workings go.

For instance deputies as against service as against support[at]spamcop.net
support[at]spamcop.net goes to the Email Filtering Service, which is a completely separate company from the reporting side of SpamCop.

They used to be the same outfit, but years ago we realized that providing both email services and reporting and blocking services was way too much for one person and Julian transferred the email services to Jeff Tucker (JT)

The service[at]admin.spamcop.net address comes to me, and the deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net address goes to the deputy's mail queue, but for all intents and purposes, they're essentially the same for the user if we're talking about spam reporting problems or reporting account problems, as opposed to email service or email filtering problems.

We have some division of labor, but you can send mail to either the deputies address or the service address, and we'll make sure the right person handles the problem.

Email service problems can only be handled by support[at]spamcop.net because the deputies (including me) don't have access to the user's accounts on the Email Service.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

That would explain things a bit clearer. When I first subscribed it was all the one thing and I guess the changes went over my head without being noticed.

Thanks for explaining.

By the way, I turned off SC reports altogether so I don't recieve anything back now. Not the way I wanted things, but better than getting dozens of reports every so often.

My email to SC went to service and deputies if I recall. No-one replied. Mind you, I forgot about Easter, so that isn't surprising I guess.

Is there a list somewhere that outlines exactly the correct support email addresses?

A number of places, actually. Just a few as provided on this server ....

Found as a Pinned entry in the Announcements section and as a link in the RED Latest link at the top of the page;

Not finding the Help you need?

The Wiki includes a link from the front page to Where to get Help

The Forum FAQ includes Section 8 - SpamCop's System & Active Staff User Guide

By the way, I turned off SC reports altogether so I don't recieve anything back now. Not the way I wanted things, but better than getting dozens of reports every so often.
Things are pretty much back to normal now. You can go back to getting the reports if you want.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

Archived