Results of bad Reporting

Wazoo

Brought here from a PM;

//quote//

Hi!

I hope I am doing this properly, I have searched the forum but couldn't find anything related (maybe I didn't use the proper search terms?) and after reading the FAQs... this seem the proper way to handle it.

I have a website with a freehost and he has ()fsocket disabled at the moment wich only leaves me php-mail for my website.

On that website, I've got a contact form and somebody did send me spam via that contact form.

Problem is... by reporting that I did report my own site, which in return was taken down (great reaction time, have to congratulate my host for that... :lol: ).

Of course, my host is not responsible for any of that and it was my own fault for not checking the header properly. Didn't think about it and felt rather safe because I have configured all my mail-accounts on spamcop but this doesn't cover those mails send via php-mail...

What would be the proper way to resolve this issue?

Thanks for your time and regards,

Arcadias

//quote//

Ah, great way to introduce myself.

First that stupid mistake with the report and second bothering an admin with something I could have posted here...

Sorry... *blush*

(and third... all those typos...)

But yes, any advise on handling this properly would be appreciated.

I am glad that my host decided to unban me and my site is back up again.

But I would still like to clear his record...

Hi, Arcadias!

...First, I just have to tell you that your post makes me more than willing to forgive all your faux pas. I thoroughly enjoyed it (your post, that is)!

...Next, I think what you're looking for is available in the SpamCop FAQ (see link near top of most every SpamCop Forum page) article labeled "How can I unsend a Report?" Hope that helps!

OK, I have found the mail in that list.

Now I would have to send a mail to those who got the original report with a CC to deputies <at> spamcop.net.

And the Report IDs would be those infront of the IPs like so

<Report ID> ( IP ) To: abuse[at]domain

and I would simply copy and paste them into the mail, correct?

(Including my apologies of course...)

...and I would simply copy and paste them into the mail, correct?

(Including my apologies of course...)

The important part is to advise the deputies (so they can look at listing/unlisting, maybe reputation, whatever), the rest is just good manners and soothing your own bad feelings :D . Um ... sure you can copy and paste the abuse addresses (but they are mailto:s so it can just be a click) and you should quote the report number(s) somewhere, and IP address in the subject, along with something like "Report Retraction", I guess. Don't recall there being a specific format.

Archived