SenderBase Reputation

liv2ryd

Hi There, (Sorry about having put SenderID on the topic, should have been SenderBase :)

Excuse me if I am not posting on the right forum or the right place in the forum.

First, I have read a couple of posts about people who have problems due to SenderBase reputation issues (And the PDF in the Wiki) and I think that I kind of understand how it works... Today I have seen that our IP is listed as having a poor reputation (-2) but I don't see how to get that solved (at least get the level back to 0). We are not on any RBL either.

It would be great if anyone can shed some light on the issue

Kind regards from Spain.

You are in the right forum!

However, I don't think anyone will be able to give you any answers unless they know why you have a 'poor' reputation. Is the IP address you are concerned about, 213.96.148.252? Have you ever had an infected computer? It may not be your address, but the netblock owner's reputation for allowing another domain to have an infected computer. If you look at this page, you will see that there are number of IP addresses that are on one or more blocklists. In googling SenderBase reputation, there was a reference to the provider in this topic.

Since I am not a server admin, I really don't know much about reputations, etc. Perhaps some others will be more helpful.

Miss Betsy

Thanks for your quick reply, Miss Betsy,

The IP is the one you posted and as I far as I know there are no infected PCs inside the network. Our IP has been in RBL due to network block blocking to our ISP. I would love to know myself what is the reason for our poor reputation so I could act to get it resolved... I have sent an email to Irongate too see if they can give any hints.

Thanks anyways.

--Liv2ryd--

Hi There, (Sorry about having put SenderID on the topic, should have been SenderBase :)...
Fixed.
...Today I have seen that our IP is listed as having a poor reputation (-2) but I don't see how to get that solved (at least get the level back to 0). We are not on any RBL either. ...
This is a puzzle to me too - everything I can see looks good.

Thanks for the ideas you are all putting in.

It looks like we have had an infected computed which has sent some spam a couple of days ago. The problem was solved right away but the people at Ironport are saying that it might take up to two weeks for the levels to go back to neutral... This neutral thing is bugging me... how can it be that in four years without any problems we don't even have a "grace" period of 24 hours?.

Kind regards and thanks again.

--Liv2ryd--

Archived